Bisoprolol caused Gout????

Posted , 2 users are following.

does anyone else think that we should be asked by hopital doctors if, we, their patients might suffer from gout, and thereby warn us, or offer

another product that will not cause gout ??

I suppose this could encompass a load of pains and problems that we all suffer from. Patients that travel on the A&E conveyer belt, are just

a body that has to be dealt with .and moved on.or out

I was sent home with Bisoprolol. which I had never heard of, and

obviously did not know about it's possible side effects.

I do get gout occasionally ,which I control with Cherry Effect and

Bromelain. which acts very well. I am into the tail end of gout .in both big toes. which has never happened before, ONE is usual. Needless

to say I stopped the drug.

cherry Effect

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Bisoprolol can cause pain in the joints which you may mistake for gout, or perhaps this disequilibrium in the joint actually trigger an attack.

If you suffer from gout and are t taking anything to keep urate slow and stable, from time to time you're going to get gout.

• Posted

Btw - gout tends to get worse with time, and the longer you have it the greater chance it'll move into additional joints.

• Posted

Hi,

i am also taking Bisoprolol since May and for the last 5 weeks have suffered reoccurring gout attacks in both feet. I saw my doctor on Tuesday and he said he wasn't aware of an issue with Bisoprolol and gout. I have asked him to give me an alternative medication. In usually have 1-2 attacks a year that are last about a week. I drink Cherry Active.

• Posted

Very interesting Stuart.

Biosoprolol is known to create joint pains. Do you think it could be joint pains that you have assumed was gout? It could be of course that it can trigger gout but has gone unreported.

• Posted

Morning Stuart,,,,, gout on it's way out. thank goodness.  I prefer to take the Cherry Capsules they are 100% cherry,this will be my fifth 

capsule, so,I''m suited with them ,plus I buy when on offer and 

alwayshave a stock on hand. The Bromelain takes care of the pain and swelling, 

Some G.Ps are not very receptive to alternatives,

I stopped taking the B  . not necessary to suffer from prescription drugs  ,press the doctor until he offers one that suits you,

Side effects are on  site ,I will look for it ,and let you know ,then you could inform your uncaring doctor. I changed practise ,as it took

one G P two years to send me to a consultant to sort out a torn

tendon in my shoulde, He didn't believe me 

• Posted

The cherry may (may not) solve the joint pain, but the uric acid precipitate is also in the organs. It is the reason you must be blood tested to see that it's solved and not just fixing the joint issue.

• Posted

Put it this way. Waking up in the early hours of the morning with what feels like my big toe is in a vice and having red hot needles pushed into it accompanied by swelling and the skin turning red and shiny. Also not being able to walk or bear anything touching the toe - all symptoms of classic gout.
    • Posted

Jacqueline - my toe is slowly getting back to normal now as well. Never heard of Bromelain before - I've been taking Colchicine with limited efect.  

• Posted

Hello, my toes are nearly there, should be able to walk upright 

tomorrow.  Bromelain is a health product ,no nasties with it Holland &

Barrett is where to buy it, Magic pain remover, lots of people with 

arthritis use it .,and if you catch it ,first pink glimmer, !!!! 5/6 days will send it on it's way . I am a hater of prescription drugs and if I can sort my aches and pains with herbals,, I do, 

• Posted

The joint is not the problem, it's the crystals that settle around the joint, 

be it a toe,, wrist, .etc.

• Posted

Correct. It's the crystallisation of the monosodium urate crystals in the joints (and organs), which are then attacked by the immune system, creating swelling and all the symptoms associated with a gout attack.

• Posted

Something else you might like to try ,but you will have to grit your

teeth at the beginning, I massage the toe with Tiger Balm .and rub for 

good few minutes. Bit painful ,bit I think the massaging helps to break 

the crystals  Tiger Balm  Chinese cure for most muscles and joints. If 

you buy it, don't get the cheap stuff.

• Posted

Thanks for the tip. My gout is now a symptomatic thanks to allopurinol. However what I found really helped was to put the painful joint into very hot water. The hot water would help to dissolve the crystals. I did that after drinking lots of water so the blood was also helping to reduce its concentration too.
    • Posted

Doctor instructed me to take 2 tablets (500 mcg) twice a day for a few days. I'm seriously thinking of starting Allopurinol though 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.