Bit of advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with this on Thursday, started Monday when I got out of bed, couldn't put foot to ground as I'm sure you all know well. I have also got phlebitis now on same ankle. Can you tell me does the pain from P F travel right up your calf too, it seems to all be coming from the heel but radiating up my leg too really throbbing and aching. Am also having to wear support stockings on lower leg because of the vein problem so this could also be aggravating whole leg. Thanks for any help on this smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather,

The plantar, achilles tendon and calf muscles are all connected.  I have had pain in all three but not necessarily all,at the same time.  However, your phlebitis seems to be a complication and I think you need to follow medical advice for exercise and rest.  Personally I found a pair of Aircast Airheels an absolute godsend when my fasciitis was at its worst.  I can't say where I bought them because we are not allowed to on here but if you google it you should see a website beginning with physio.  They are not cheap but for me worth every penny as I obtained instant relief.  Not everyone does however, so it is a bit of a gamble.  If you want to try one for the affected foot first and then buy a second for the other foot if you find it helps would be my advice.  Wearing only one will affect your gait.  I wore mine for months but don't need them now - although I always take them with me if I am away for any length of time.  I also have a night splint bought from the same place.  I use it if I find my calf muscles tightening up.  It is cumbersome to wear in bed but when I need it it keeps me from developing full blown calf problem.  It keeps the calf muscles stretched whilst you sleep.  bearing in mind your phlebitis I would check with a medic before using any of these things.  I always wear either good quality trainers or proper good quality walking shoes so that my instep is well supported.  Hope zthe above helps.  It is a cruel affliction.

• Posted

Thanks Katlin66 I have bought some gel insoles and some other supports yesterday just so I had something to help. Just nice to know it can make calf hurt as well as always so conscious of veins causing problems too, had my other leg veins lasered and stripped so know what that pain is like. This I'm sure is more associated to the heel, and also get some sciatic problems so all together that leg is suffering lol Wish I could go and order a new body soemehere smile Thanks again.
  • Posted

Hi

suffered for 3 monhs. got so fed up one day i sat on the sofa for hours with two wine coolers on my feet - the osrt that go round champagne bottles and you put in the freezer. Following orning, woke up and had gone completely. Mega icing seems to have cured it overnight. by cutting the inflamation. Wont harm you so suggest the same. (Orthotics were rubbish and just made it worse). 

• Posted

oh thats got to be worth a try then, thanks, killing me this morning sad
  • Posted

Here are a few things you can do right now:

1) Ice your heel and arch at least 4 times a day, either by applying ice directly or by rolling a frozen bottle under your heel and arch when you sit down.

2) Rest and elevate your foot for a couple of days.

3) Wear good supportive shoes around the house as well.

• Posted

Thank you, have been doing most of these, (except elevating it for couple of days as live on a farm and too many animals rely on me lol) think i'm on the mend now as much less painful, also been taking turmeric in Golden paste form with coconut oil and blackpepper, its amazing for inflammation and seems to have helped a lot. Thankyou again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.