Bladder (UTI) Infections. Upper UTI?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had an upper UTI infection before? - I just got a UTI last night around 1am, burning while peeing, sluggish, etc, but later tonight I started feeling tenderness around my flank area under neath my rib cage, nothing painful, but I can feel it. Im not sure if that's just natural gas or what. I've been drinking 100% ure cranberry juice for the past 2 hours with lots of water, so I'm wondering if that helps at all?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking a prescribed antibiotic for this? I have never known of flank pain associated with this infection.
    • Posted

No prescription. Just cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar, and Vitamin C Tablets. - The "pain" is gone in the upper area as of this morning. So Im kind of relieved that it might not be an upper UTI.
    • Posted

Hi,have had 3 different antibiotics so far,everytime I give a sample it comes back saying mixed growths. I have a kidney stent also.just fed up with it getting nowhere.The stent was put in to help as my kidney wasn't draining since getthng the stent i don't get the pain that put me in hospital a lot,as from today the infection has came back.
  • Posted

Try D Mannose.  I have had amazing success with this simple powder (tablets do not work for me).  I take 1 scoop every 2/3 hours for 5 days and no more UTIs for me!!  Amazing stuff.  I tell anyone who will listen about D Mannose because I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs for over 20 years, lived on antibiotics and then researched the net and, after reading the amazing reviews for D Mannose, bought it and it actually worked.  I cried tears of joy and now tell anyone who is willing to listen about D Mannose which cannot fail to work on e coli UTIs (90%) of all UTIs are by the e coli bacteria.  I do still suffer from UTIs but instead of having a UTI every other week and living on antibioitics, I may get a UTI once a year and this usually triggered by something I can identify as the cause which could have been avoided!  Good luck.   
  • Posted

You need to have sample checked as this could mean kidneys are affected!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.