Bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had bleeding from the backside on and off for several years with no pain, however in the last 24 hours it started up when I was in my bedroom, I felt my bottom was wet and found blood.  When I looked using a mirror I could see it seeping onto my bottom and I had to do a lot of wiping up, there appeared to be a lot of bright red blood.  Today it has been bleeding when just going for a wee and then tonight the same thing happened, more blood oozing out again.  I've had a lot of stress in my life in the last three years and mentioned the bleeding twice to the gp (new one as I'd moved), she didnt seem bothered about it!  I'm very worried now, where do I go from here??

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Catherine, I htink you need to go to a doctor and if yours doesn't listen go to another one. There's plenty of people on here that share different suggestions for dealing with things and it really helps but you don't know what you have.Let your doctor know how concerned you are and that you want someone to have a look at it to put your mind at ease. I had a anal fissure for a couple of years and bled for a couple of years only when I had a BM and they hope at first that these things eventually clear up on their own. 

If you GP isn't interested (firstly can you get a new GP) but can you check to see if there is a colon/rectal surgeon in your area? maybe you can just pay to go and see them directly and get an informed view. That way you will know what you have and you can as for advice on here on different ways people have dealt with the issue. It could be something as simple as hemmorrhoids and that will be great. You said you've had lots of stress in your life recently and this will just add to it until you get an answer. Once you know you can relax and work on fixing it. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Catherine , I would be going straight to the doctors or even the hospital , you need to get checked asap, sooner the better , hope everything goes ok , come back and let us know , good luck
  • Posted

Go see a doctor asap!
    • Posted

Thanks for all the replies, I've had piles since about 2003 I think, theres several that usually can be seen from the outside.  They don't itch and I was going to use a suppository that my partner has as he's had similar problems to me for years though not as bad, but when I read the instructions it said don't use if bleeding...!  I've no idea how to find anyone privately or I would, it takes about six weeks to see a doctor here!  I'm worried to eat or go to the loo now and am going on holiday in ten days so hope its not still causing such a problem then.

• Posted

Which country are you in? Its best to see a private doctor as soon as possible.... From what you mention, the bleeding is serious!

Take care!

• Posted

Hi, I'm in England (south east).  I've just found a female surgeon locally and emailed with my query, should take about a week to hear back though, would it be better to phone (I hate using the phone!!)

• Posted

Catherine, You should go to the hospital - they have to see you. Being Engish I know how reserved we are about going to the hospital but this could be something that you could deal with now rather than wait 6 weeks. If your GP will not see you as an emergency you need to go to the hospital. Itdoesn't matter if it is 20 miles away. If things escalated while you were on holiday it would be more of a nightmare . If you see someone now and it's an easy fix then you coul get working on it and enjoy your holiday.

• Posted

Hi Catherine , sorry to hear about your bleeding episode . I too have had serious bleeding over the years , mostly when going to the toilet , but occasionally with no reason . When I had episodes of serious bleeding , it was a haemorrhoid bursting , and i could lose up to third pint of blood every visit to toilet . On a positive note , your blood is bright red , which likely means you have what i have . If it was dark blood , it would definately be serious . However , you cant take any chances , and you really ought to get it checked out . In my experience , these bouts of bleeding usually lasted around a week , before easing off . then there might be a gap until the next episode . You maybe ought to think about going to A&E next time you get a bleed . Dont clean yourself up before you go . let them see the full extent of the blood you are losing , as I'm sure if it was as bad as mine they will act on it immediately . I remember my surgeons face when he saw a photo of my toilet pan after I had been . Sometimes the shock factor is what they need to get their ass in gear . Good luck Catherine .

• Posted

I phoned the doctors this afternoon (Wednesday) and said it was urgent, I was told to phone at 8am tomorrow and I will be seen the same day, just hope I can get through on the phone... will let everyone know the outcome in due course, many thanks to all of you for your help smile

• Posted

Hi Catherine , just wondering how you are getting on ? Did you get the hospital appointment ?
    • Posted

Hi, I managed to get a doctor's appointment last Thursday, she examined me (different doctor to previous one) and said she couldnt feel anything untoward but has referred me to a hospital for some sort of examination (like a colonoscopy but only looking just inside).  That will be in about four weeks time.  So far I havent had any more bleeding since last Wednesday.  Thanks for asking.

• Posted

Hi, I have a flexible sig on Thursday afternoon, am worried about it, including prep beforehand.  Has anyone else had this done?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.