bleeding after a polyps removed last week

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi has anyone ever bleed a week after a large polysp was removed from colon had to be took away i bits as to large to snare i was fine up till 2 days ago poo normal no blood now a bit harder and blood on loo paper.is this normal

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think that sounds normal particularly if it is "spotting" on the loo paper. If it continues after a few days or appears to be worsening then you should mention it, but bowel movements can set off a bit of bleeding if you had polyps removed.
    • Posted

Hi well I have read it's called delayed bleeding. But makes me sad because that's why it was removed as they thought it may be the reason I was bleeding on bm.im thinking it's not but had a full colonisedy to find out it was large and removed in pieces. Will have to wait like u say but feel it was all for nothing

• Posted

Hi Shirley, don't get too downcast. Post-surgical bleeding is not uncommon. Particularly with a large polyp that required quite a lot of effiort to get out. You definitely should have had it removed, because polyps can go nasty. All polyps start benign but some go wrong later. So, I'm sure a large one should come out if it can.
    • Posted

hi ethermail thankyou for suport you are right it had to comeout it was bad for me and knowing ive to get it checked in 3 mths am so terrified for the prosedure again.but will be glad when i know the resaults as they sent it away just have to sit it out.x
    • Posted

I really hope it all goes well. They do usually take a long time to go wrong which is why the check ups can prevent primary tumours developing in the bowel altogether and so it's good they have got this out. Waiting is very stressful but, most times, polyps are benign. And at least it is gone!
    • Posted

yes it has gone thank goodness will give it time to heal inside only been a week it was a 25mm polps and 3 very small ones removed at same time .sl took sometime to remove tricky posistion so expext some trama and pain.
    • Posted

I suppose we always look at the negatives but when you think about it, it is extraordinary what they can do. Before all this they couldn't really check very well at all and if they needed to do anything it was very invasive surgery with long and painful recovery periods. So on the positive side although we find these things very stressful, it is a new world from what previously existed.
    • Posted

Hi have you had blood loss from a polyps that's why it was removed worried why polyps was bleeding in the first place

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.