Bleeding after two years of no periods.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Went to gyno friday and had a sonogram done. The lining of my uterus was 6mm in 2014. It is 18mm now. Having a biopsy done next monday. I havent felt good since sonogram and tonight i started bleeding. I havent had a period for 2 years. I am scared, has this happened to anyone else?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, do you know the reason for no periods for two years? Just wondering if you are perimenopause age? Lots of women on the menopause forum had this happen. was the sonogram to investigate why your periods had stopped?

It must be frightening for you to bleed after two years but try not to worry. I hope someone can explain to you how this can happen.

take care

• Posted

I was told that after a year of no period it was menopause. I was running a fever last week and my dr said it was vaginitis and i should see my gyno for the pain. Thats when she did a sonogram and said the lining of my uterus has tripled in size in the last 2 years. So i was scheduled for a biopsy. I havent felt good since sonogram and then i started bleeding. So they are moving biopsy up. I only have one ovary so that is why they thought menopause.
    • Posted

Hi. Do let us know how you get on with the biopsy.

There are lots of women on the menopause forum have been in a similar situation to you.

Hope you feel well soon x

• Posted

I have been off my period only for 6 months then it started 1st of October still bleeding. The biopsy will let you know what's going on. Trust in God.

• Posted

I know but still scared. I woke up really dizzy and its been like that all day. I kept my kid home from school. My dr just said eat alot of protein.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.