Bleeding Herpes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just a few days ago I was misdiagnosed with syphilis. After taking 2 shots of pennicilin, I noticed that instead of getting better, I could feel myself getting worse. So with the encouragement of my best friend, I went to another clinic for a blood test. And of course, the doctor said I had herpes.

While waiting for my blood test, she gave me acyclovir (tablets and cream) and doxycylin. Yes, I noticed the blisters have gone down, but I'm also bleeding from the blisters. No, it's not a little blood. I'm talking first day of period blood. At first i thought I got my period, but when I looked in a mirror, most of the blood was not coming out from my vagina, but from the blisters that was covering my clit.

So I just wanna know is this normal? Or am I suffering something that's abnormal? And how long does an outbreak last? It's been almost a week and I can say I'm pretty much tortured to do anything ay this point

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It is not normal to bleed so much. In fact, herpes lesions don't usually bleed. Normally they simply blister, burst (clear fluid), ulcerate, maybe develop some pus, then scab/heal. If the bleeding is lots and continues, I'd get that looked at again. You could have a secondary or other infection, etc. Did the second doctor swab your lesions? A blood test is not as good as a swab test when lesions are present (swab test is direct and more accurate, provided the lesions are fairly new).

• Posted

I do not think it is normal to bleed that much. I would say that you seek medical advice immediately just to stay on the cautious side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.