Bleeding in bowels for a few weeks, any help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 17 going on 18 and I've had bleeding in the bowels from staining of toilet paper and occasionally in the toilet bowl (ranging from insignificant to quite abit) for a few weeks already. There is a slight burning sensation whenever I poop but it goes away after ah hour or so. I've been wanting to see a doctor but probably only in March as there are some problems going on in my family and I do not want to bother anyone yet. What should I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

March?? Change your doctors. Go to the walk in or AE. Could be UC or piles or crones. But prob nothing to be worried about due to your age but get it checked out ASSP
  • Posted

You must see a doctor. Any bleeding needs to be addressed. Possibly simply piles and you are worrying unneccessarily! On the other hand should it be something like colitis then an internal check is required! Most gps will be able to tell right away if it's piles and they are easily remedied! Why give yourself worry! You don't have to tell your family at the moment if you think enough going on, but you deserve to give yourself peace! See another doc NOW ! That's my advice! Good luck and try not to worry, you have youth on your side!
  • Posted

hI you must seek medical help as soon as you can what you have is likely to be the start of along term chronic condition that will impact your life more and more as you get older. Medical help will help you minimise these problems for now and help you enjoy your life.

T

• Posted

It actually sounds like hemmoroids since there is burning. However it could be something more serious.  I had a doctor diagnose my bleeding as hemmoroids but later found out it was UC. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.