Blepharitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

It has been around a week since I have been diagnosed with blepharitis by a optician. It has been roughly nearly 3 months since i have had redness in my eye. Now this is my question, I only have slight redness in the white of my eye like squiggly lines and that is it. no eyelid inflammation or anything else. Is there different types of blepharitis? Has anyone else only got redness in eye and nothing else? Will this redness go? I am using a hot compress and eyelid scrubs for eyelashes for roughly 5 days

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I'm sure there are different types.....my eyelids are full of

grit.  It's really hard to clean without getting grit down in eyes.  I feel

like I have sand in my eyes most of the time and I've had this awful,

awful stuff for about 25 years.  I don't have any redness either in or

around eyes.  I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings

but I don't really think it is curable.  I think you just address the

symptoms on a daily basis....

• Posted

Hi dank94 

have you ever  tried wet ones for your eyes? I have been using them for a while and I noticed a difference nearly straight away,I started using them for 4 times a day now I only use them once or twice and then not all the time, if I feel my eyes starting to get itchy or red and sore I use them but other than that I have had no problems and I have someone I can call a friend even though it has been a while and she is called Lynda79. Why don't you look her up on this site and read the posts, good luck rolleyes

• Posted

Hi jeanette,

Im quite new to all of this to be honest I don't know what wet ones are. I am using a hot eye compress and eyelid wipes that i got from the opticians. Im not seeing a difference regarding the eye redness but it is helping the amount of gunk in my eyes in the mornings. It sucks though because my eyes feel normal, no heaviness no soreness, just slight redness in my eyeballs! I have low self esteem as it is and when this started 2 months ago I actually got the sack from my job because I phoned in sick and refused to go rolleyes

• Posted

Hi dank94 

where do you live? If you live in Britian they are basically wipes that you can buy from the chemist/pharmacist. They are what you use to refresh your face,but I find thanks to Lynda79 that I can use them to clean my eye, I did start out using them 4 times a day now I use them if and when I need to, as I said in my last post if you look up Lynda79 she will be able to help you,with the wet ones you cut them in strips and then you cut them into little squares and rub them on your lash line, I found it worked pretty quick,I had not used make up I for a few years now I can. I can't say enough about finding Lynda79 and asking her advice I do wish you well but if you google wet ones face wipes I would think you will get some idea what they are. rolleyes please let me know how you get on 

• Posted

Hi Jeanette, Yes i Live in the north east, UK. with them wet wipes do I have to do the hot eye compress first? For some reason when i wear that mask I notice my eyes do actually look kind of worse, I used it everyday for about a week, yesterday was the first day I hadn't used it and my eyes feel abit more free. I really don't know what to do how can I accept having redness in my eyes all my life, people are going to think im on something! I will probably see a eye doctor though as I am yet to see one, I got diagnosed by a optician.
  • Posted

Yes there are different forms of blepharitis..for me all I have is the eyelid swelling.. No eye redness, runny eyes, goopy eyes, itchiness or any of the other symptoms... I've been suffering with my left eyelid swollen for 6 months now.. It's a chronic condition you will now have for life, so it's difficult to find the right regimen for you that works.. What works for others may not work for you. Seems I'm one of those people lol I've probably been on 8-10 different medications, drops and ointments with no relief in sight..good luck to you and hope you have better luck than me at something to keep your symptoms under control

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.