Blepharitis issues!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with belpharitis (inner and outer) a few months back although I think I've had the condition for quite a while. I'm 22 and I also have rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis (which is fun!). Just wanted a bit of advice I have been using Blephasol on cotton pads and Blepha eye wipes, also Hylo Forte eye drops which do all give me tempoary relief, I'm aware it can't really be cured but I just find parts of my eye are always red, it looks like some sort of scarring, in general my vision is pretty decent I just wondered if it's common to have constant red area's on the eyes? Many thanks for any help it's much appreciated smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Here's my advice James via good dandruff shampoo that contains tar when you wash your hair which you should do daily in the morning during your shower let the bubbles flow over your eyes guitar will have a beneficial effect on the bacteria caused by your seborrheic condition . Take a 10 mg antihistamine tablet that is cetirizine hydrochloride being the generic to take care of itchiness and watery eyes. Try taking 6000 mg of omega-3 fish oil capsules every day this works for me because I have a hormone imbalance since you also have rosacea as well as a separate condition I'm thinking you may have a hormonal imbalance yourself hormones and not just for women in any case it can't hurt to try this. That's 2000 mg capsules with each meal three times a day try it you have nothing to lose at this point take your antihistamine take your omega-3 fish by wet ones antibacterial hand wipes the red ones not the yellow ones not the orange ones the red ones they contain an antibacterial that has been found very useful in controlling blepharitis but many others on the site including myself initially. You cut you cut one into eight pieces keep it in an airtight container and two or three times a day using separate little pieces each time and separates fingers wiped them across your eyelids this controls the bacteria that apparently is out of control regarding your rosacea go to a dermatologist and get that under control use antibacterial cream use oral antibiotics whatever she recommends you to get this under control it will help the outcome of your blepharitis treatment also by an antibacterial face wash and you can wash your face to her three times a day taking special attention to close your eyes and wash your whole eyelid area including your eyebrows vigorously I use Neutrogena grapefruit face wash anything that says it's for acne control will do because it's an antibacterial face wash use a light moisturizer so that your skin doesn't get overly dry good luck James

• Posted

Thank you very much for your help, I will try the things you have suggested. Thanks again smile

• Posted

Dear James,

The first person to use the wipes after I posted on several sites was someone who worked in a medical field. 

She told me after 2 weeks of using the Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes, that her red eyes were white. 

I had the terrible itching on my eyes and I was able to kill the Blepharitis with the wipes. It took over 3 months.

Just make sure you do not have sensitive skin and are not allergic to detergents, fabric softeners etc. I posted the info on other threads.

Hope this helps you,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.