Blinking

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello .I suffer from OCD since I was 8 years old .Now I am 28 .I fear every day that i will die in my sleep and that I have premonition for this and also that messages are coming to my mind to tell me that i will die .i have unwanted phrases and words related to death .I want ti describe another problem .Last two years I often notice when my eyes blink .I think that my eyebrows will come down and then my eyes blink .The problem is that I associate this with death .When my eye blinks I think it is a message or premonition that I will die .Also my eyes when I am stressed smarts .It is like someone bite my eye ...it is very strange .but the problem is that in my mind all this are connected to death .i think that when we are dead we have our eyes closed .every time my eyes are going down I fear this is a premonition of death .please help me ...sorry for my English I am from Greece

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if I should talk in a different language but I'll try English first to help you but you're in the late phases of O.C.D. 

This is gonna be hard for you to combat this because you usually have to fight this at a young age but what you should do is talk to somebody you really trust. You're overwhelmed at this stage you really need help like a therapist but you and you may have to result to some anti-anxiety medications (not abuse them). 

Right now this will be very hard to listen to but we are all going to die in one way or another, I know you're fixiated on it because you're worried about what happens after death. You feel constantly at war with the ideas one thought leads onto the next and then the next and youf feel like you don't know what to do. But you need to take steps to help you zone out and get a break from that way of thinking. 

I know you feel afraid but if I tell you not to think of something like a lion, you're going to think of it, ain't you? But you have to let the thought pass, move on let it go. But this is for later on, you need help to talk to somebody. I hope this helps.

• Posted

I see a therapist .he told me I have severe OCD ...I take some medicines and sometimes I feel better but other times I feel I lose control .the thoughts are very difficult to battle .thanks for your help
    • Posted

Go listen to a song Bathory - Ring of Gold, helps me all the time. 

I ain't gonna lie when it hits in the twenties it's kind of a long term thing you have to deal with it as it comes and goes. But take a little bit of valium to take the ease off the thoughts but don't take it everyday. 

Watch cartoons helps for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.