Bloating and discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm 2 years into menopause and like lots of you am suffering quite a lot.

My stomach now bloats terribly and feels very uncomfortable particularly on my right side. Sometimes it is very uncomfortable to lie on.

Anyone else in similar situation? I'm

Driving myself mad thinking it must be something else!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi carol im sorry your going through this but hang in there it does get better i to have been through this i was just talking to some of the other ladies who were mentioning the same thing do you get the fluttering in your stomach as well that was my big thing then feeling full most of the time didnt want to eat because my stomach felt horrible it will pass it takes time ive been in menopause for over 3 1/2 yrs i still have peaks of some symptoms but not bad like i use to i suffer more with aches more now then i have ever good luck to you
  • Posted

i have been bloating a lot. makes it hard to breathe

a dietitian told me to take plant based digestive enzymes to help break down absorb food since i dont have a gallbladder. idk if coincidence but i ate one after lunch and i didnt bloat. time will tell. idk if something everyone can take? maybe ask your local supplement store? i got mine at sprouts

• Posted

Hi

I'm premenopausal and when due on get bad bloating. My belly feels like it could burst. I don't get pain though have you had it checked out?

• Posted

Hi Carol. Sorry to hear you are suffering. Are you taking anything to help with your menopause symptoms? There are lots of helpful suggestions on here.  A good womens multivitamin is a good start, like meno pace.  I take meno serene.

I would check with your doctor about the bloating and right sided pain, hopefully can put your mind at rest.

Keep in touch

• Posted

Hi. I took menopace for a while but it didn't agree with me so stopped taking it.

I do now take Centrum 50+ multivitamins and minerals and am considering trying Lepicol for my stomach issues

• Posted

I had unbearable pain in ride side by overy. i ended up im the hospital for a week in the worst pain ever. they ran a lot of tests and did endoscopy. all normal. they discharged me with IBS attack. idk weird to me. i was wondering if my overy failed amd it caused pain? its when all my peri symptoms started full force. looking back i have prob been in peri 1 yr or more when this happened. they also did ultrazound of my ovey. normal.

hope u feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.