Bloating, nausea, tiredness, thirsty, dizzy, fast heart beat, help?

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi, so about a year ago i was diagnosed with GERDS... (or acid reflux disease) after suffering for about 9 years, in which i now take tablets for. However, in the past 6 months i have noticed that i am now feeling nauseous after eating, normally about 30 minutes after a meal, am constantly tired, thirsty, feel dizzy when standing up and moving around, get out of breath very easily and sometimes get a sinking feeling in my heart/chest. I also, which i have had for longer than six months, suffer from my stomach bloating out like a balloon when i eat or drink anything however small the portion. I do have a history of IBS in my family, however i do not experience symptoms like stomach pain or irregular bowels like others with IBS therefore it has been seen as being unlikely that it is this.

I had an endoscopy a year ago to confirm my GERDS and nothing else was found apart from having a weak muscle at the top of my stomach. I have recently been back and forth to my GP and have had blood and urine tests all of which have come back normal. I am a normal weight, 19 years old, have a good balanced diet and try to exercise at least two times a week, so am completely confused as to why i have all these symptoms. My doctors have no idea what could be wrong with me so i was wondering if anyone could help? Has anyone had the same symptoms and got a diagnosis, i'm fed up of feeling like this and would just like some answers!!!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi Louise, I been Suffering Ibs for 22 years .who ever said ' it rains but never pours ' must had Ibs. One little thing starts a change reaction and the next thing it takes two months to get back to the start .The foggy head is where the toxin leaking through the gut .It isn't the most common side effect but it is one of them.

The biggest problem can be is the anxiety attack thinking there something else wrong.The anxiety makes everything seems worse than it is. The amount of times I go the doctors for a check up but for peace of mind it helps. My own Ibs is foggy head, feeling sick and wind.everybody symptoms different . Find your trigger ,keep a food diary record everything and see if you can see a pattern. I'm afraid the feeling don't go but with a great diet exercise it will improve.

• Posted

That is interesting about the foggy head David - I get those quite a lot. Have you found anything that helps to clear it?
    • Posted

Hi Margaret! I have had brain fog for several years until I tried a gluten free diet. Now I have no brain fog.
  • Posted

Hi Margaret , I had the foggy head for quite a few years and I haven't found anything to help .I found It worse if I am sitting around ,moving and getting the blood around the body helps and it takes my mind of it.
    • Posted

David I tried a gluten free diet and this cleared up the brain fog for me. Hope this help you.
  • Posted

I think you are right David - I find much the same thing but it is sometimes quite difficult to get up out of a chair and do something!
  • Posted

I had exactly what u described about foggy head, headaches, pounding heartbeat.

I dramatically reduced my sugar and caffine intake. Foggy head, morning headaches, lack of concentration etc all gone. Took about 6 weeks in total to see the benefits. Google 'sugar addiction'. After reading articles on that I had a lightbulb moment and realised sugar was causing loads of issues for me.

What your describing about bloating etc matches symptoms of SIBO. I also think this is what has caused all my ibs trouble. I'm now trying to treat it with a better diet and vsl3 probiotic. I think it's slowly working. Infortineatly trying to obtain rifixamin in the uk is somewhat difficult, else I'd be using that antibiotic to wipe out my gut bacteria and start again from scratch

• Posted

HI I had all these issues too! It was hell, I had every test under the sun at the doctor so she decided to blame it on anxiety and stress so wanted to put me on anti depressants, when I knew that that was not the issue. I was complaining to a med student one day and they had me try the fodmap diet! It basically eliminates any food that is even mildly hard to digest. Through it I have learnt that little things like garlic make me bloated, I can't even eat apples. I know if I eat an apple in the morning I will be bloated for the day, and have ongoing fatigue the next! This diet has changed my life I can not recommend it enough. Before going on it I just got so so so bloated after every meal, I was buying new clothes to hide the fact that after lunch I miraculously looked pregnant, I was also constantly fatigued, I went from taking 5 gym classes a week to none. 

There is a monash university fodmap app that you can get on your phone, it tells you what you can and can't eat and serving sizes, I think it was $10, try this for a week! It honestly change my life! 

I recommend fodmap above everything else, but I also learnt that I was vitamin B deficient, yet this didn't come up in any original tests, as my body was receiving plenty of B vitamins. But because of my bad digestion my body had stopped converting the b vitamins, into B12. So I now take a B12 supplement every day as well, this wont help with the bloating but will improve the fatigue. A B vitamin will not work though, you need to get the converted B12. 

I hope this helps! I can not encourage you enough to try this! I suffered from all your wifes symptoms for over a year, and it is hell as no doctors can offer any answers or help. 

• Posted

Hi Louise, did you ever find a solution to your problem. I have almost word for word the same symptoms as you and any bro would be appreciated
  • Posted

Hi Louise!

Youbare describing exactly what happens to me for at least 3 years now!!!

I'm trying to fight it by taking various meds for the nausea but no success.

Have you found any solution to this?

• Posted

I had these same symptoms and was sent to Mayo Clinic where I was diagnosed with Orthostatic Intolerance, a type of POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). Look it up. You'll be amazed at the similarities. Mine was caused, likely, by a viral infection and leaves me with low blood volume which causes most of the symptoms. I have to eat a very high salt diet and take a few meds daily but I'm a new person!!!

• Posted

Hi, you should get tested for H. Pylori infection in your stomach. My mom had very similar symptoms, and that's what she had. Not all doctors test for it. You need to make sure they checked for it, and if not just ask to have the breath test done. It's super easy, and worth it. It could possibly also be the cause for your acid reflux.

• Posted

Hello Louise, I may be able to shed some light on a few probable causes. I to suffer from what your describing, without seeing a GP it will be hard to tell for sure though, There is a chance you could be suffering from hyperglycemia in which case you would have extreme thirst, feeling drowsy & bloated this occurs when you have a high glucose level or it may be the complete opposite and be "Glycemic" when you have low glucose levels. Everything comes down to your diet in the end & there are mental health problems that may be the probable cause, you could be suffering from Anxiety and panic disorder in which case you will feel dizzy, bloated, tired, blurred vision, fear for no reason, feeling faint & weak, feeling like your heart is racing really fast, lump in you throat/feeling hard to breath overal a really sh*t feeling which i suffer severely from, go consult a GP about hyperglycemia, Glycemic, Anxiety and panic disorder or IBS it definitely sounds lime one of them & it will mainly revolve around your diet, hope you can fix the issue.

PS. Eat Healthy

• Posted

Do you have trouble swallowing? Most of the symptoms sound like mine but I have to get scoped before I get answers.

The reason I ask about swallowing is I also have a rare disease called Achalasia. It normally takes the doctors several years to figure this out.

Right now I have nause, bloating and severe cramps

• Posted

I have been this gerd for almost 1yr...my anxiety makes it worst ....and im always thinking im going to die....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.