Blocked nose constantly. Is this by any chance anything to do with my cs

Posted , 4 users are following.

At the moment I am constantly using drops to unblock my nose. Could this be linked to my cs.

I am also having really bad headaches up the back left hand side, and over the top.

I am due to see my consultant surgeon on the 12th of this month anyway, as I am having so many problems.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi lesley1954,

I have c/s and have been put on various medications over the past 5 years. The current medication, Tamsulosin, for my bladder problems leaves me with a fully blocked nose. I am not sure if c/s can have blocked nose side effects, are you taking any new medications that could be linked to your nose problems.

• Posted

The only new one I'm taking is ketaprofen. But I have been taking it for a couple of months now. It could be thee cause. I will mention it to my consultant and see what he says about it.
  • Posted

I don't knowabout the blocked nose, but the headaches along with pain running from the neck up to the head are a symptom I recognise well.

OMG

• Posted

OMG! Hell yes. They are bad aren't they? Mine never ever goes away. It's learning to live with it that's hard. What with these head pains and constant sciatic pain, as I also have lumber spondylosis, I don't know which one is the worst.

Living with it is what I will be doing as surgery is now not an option for me. Too many discs involved.

• Posted

You say too many discs involved. the chap who fixed two in my neck has done up to four in another ladies neck, and he did four in my cousin's lower back.

You might be in with a chance if you see the right man.

OMGD

• Posted

I find my CS makes my face, ears and teeth feel very tense. Does anyone else have this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.