Blood in feces--HELP! What is wrong?!?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today when I used the bathroom, I noticed a slight red tint in the toilet water. My feces did not appear to be discolored or anything, but when I flushed the toilet, I saw that the red tint was indeed blood (it swirled around when the toilet flushed). 

The blood could have been in my urine, but I urinate on a fairly regular basis and I haven't noticed anything wrong with it in the past.

More information: I am not an active person, and my appetite is probably below average in size. For a while, I have defecating usually once every two days, which I know is not normal. Because of my obsession with school, I am often very stressed, and I don't get enough sleep (I usually go to bed between 11:00 and 12:00 and get up at 6:30). I sometimes have stomachaches at night, but in the past I chalked most of them up to stress. I occasionally take a dramamine pill to stop the stomachaches if I can't sleep. I'm a boy, so it isn't my period or anything. I'm sixteen years old.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

blood in the toilet bowl always needs to be checked out.

Tell tour parents and request a physician visit.

• Posted

Was that poo very large or hard to push out? May have tested the skin causing blood.
    • Posted

As I believe I said in my first post, I often defacate every other day, causing my stool to sometimes be large. In this instance, it was unusually large, so your answer could be correct.
    • Posted

Prob that. Try increase ur fibre and water intake and eat foods starting with P (prunes, peaches etc)
    • Posted

Goodluck! I'm sure it's just that. Iv had it before myself, not pleasant

• Posted

Today I was a bit nauseous and had a stomachache. I had almost no appetite, but this may have been because of stress. Does a tear in the skin cause a stomachache?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.