Blood in stools 3rd time in just over a month

Posted , 8 users are following.

Redness (blood) around stools but not turning stool red nor black. Blood on toilet roll as I wipe. Its not a tiny bit a minute cut would cause, there's enough to visibally see blood around stools in water and also enough on the toilet paper for me to start asking questions. It's happened 3 times in the last 40 days lasting around a week each time.

A warmth / stinginess while passing but only small stool; not runny nor hard - inbetween. 

After passing it feels like air in my stomach or a full emptiness sensation with the false sensation of needing the toilet again. 

I also sometimes get very sudden onset of pain in the front right side to stomach area which gets worse with any movement but subsides after a a few minutes. There's no other discomfort apart from that.

Part of my thinks it's just a cut from pushing or something but I've not had to push, my bowel movements have been normally; not runny or rock solid and not thick stools either.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I don't like diagnosing over the Internet but I would say it's a fissure or piles as it stings when having a bowel movement but go to your gp to get it checked out they can examine it and will see if there's a problem in your back passage

• Posted

Danny! there is only one response to blood in the stool and that is you absolutely must go and see the doctor for tests. This site is to share experiences  not diagnose. Apart from anything else, stress plays such a negative role in this condition that setting your mind at rest by taking whatever tests are necessary will certainly be beneficial. Many of us that have IBS have taken these tests and they are not difficult painful so please do not delay.
  • Posted

Yes I have this too and from 5 years of intermittent illness I have developed haemorrhoids. Prior to IBS I had no such problems. 

A doc diagnosed me but your problem may not be the same. Book an appointment would be my advice.

• Posted

I really do agree with everyone about going to see your doctor, it may just be piles or a fissure, but you really need to go asap to get it checked out xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.