Blood Pressure tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone found a tablet for high blood pressure that works and does not have any side effects?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am no expert, but I think that every tablet for high blood pressure has a list of potential side effects and that it's a matter of "trial and error" in finding medication that your body can tolerate with the least side effects. It's possible that medication that one person tolerates without any noticeable side effects may not be tolerated very well by another person, who then has to try something else.

In addition, even if you do tolerate one medication quite well (as has been my experience so far with Amlodipine) your doctor may decide that you also need to be on other BP lowering tablets before you get the desired results. Every person is so unique that I think it would be impossible for anyone to say that a high blood pressure tablet is not going to produce any side effects when taken by everyone! I guess this principle also applies to most foods, but I would be interested to hear some other views on this.

Regards

Martin

• Posted

I am under the care of the Hypertension clinic at the QE in Birmingham and so far they have tried most of the different drugs available and they either do not bring down my bp or I have terrible side effects.  They are now trying drugs that are not used so often these days but without success at the moment.
  • Posted

For me, amlodipine works well.  Also Benicar, which is an ARB (angiotension response blocker).
    • Posted

Have tried Amlodipine but it did not work, have not tried Benicar so may suggest it at my next visit to the QE which is next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.