blood test result

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had routine blood test and result sow vitamine D... high but at UHC[A&E] blood test it was low mild-amenia...im confuse as my GP ask me to have blood film..im worry???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I suggest that you re-post. I can't understand your question. Then I'll try to help if I can. Take care.
    • Posted

my question is the interpretation of the result of my blood test betwen GP&UCH[AE]..hight GP low UCH??
    • Posted

Google it that is what I would do or phone and ask your Dr to describe it better.?

• Posted

By what you have written up im guessing they want to do a full blood count, this will tell them all the basic things, such as your iron levels. Did you go to the Dr ill? 
  • Posted

I agree. Maybe break it down and separate out.

I had very low Vit D and had to have very High Dose for 6 weeks. 

I have Anaemia  now but my Vit D was 18 months ago.

In this country (UK) a FBC (full blood count) does not include Vit D here that is done as a separate tes. 

Worrying wont help just try to make your question more understandable. 

​Don't worry if possiblesmile

• Posted

Thanks for re-post. I can see why you are puzzled. Was the test carried out to try to diagnose a health problem? I imagine that it was so get back in touch with your doctor. Lets face it, most people won't know the significance of clinical results as we are not trained. I would ask the doctor to discuss the possible causes of your health concern and what action can be taken to overcome the problem. My understanding of human biology is poor but I can maybe understand that Vit D levels could be low because of diet and insufficient exposure to daylight. Hope all goes well for you. Worry less and talk to your doctor. See if they can give you an extended appointment. Take notes of the consultation if you can. Ideally take someone with you to take notes. If you are anything like me there will be questions that won't occur to you until after the consultation.
  • Posted

I don't know if this will help or not, but for years It appeared as if I had an abnormally low white blood cell count. I had numerous amounts of test run on me and nothing was wrong no one could figure out why my count was so low. It turns out that I have to get my blood tested immediately after taken, if it sits in the tube too long it coagulates in a certain way that my white blood cells appear low. I don't know if this will help you but ask for them to test immediately. But i also coul dbe compltely misunderstanding your question. Hope this helps!
    • Posted

I found you post very concerning. I would have assumed that the possibility of  coagulation of white cells resulting in false negative or worryingly low results would have been anticipated by the haematologists who establish the testing protocol. Unless you are very unusual and a real outlier just how many other low white cell results have resulted from a flawed test? This issue must surely have been understood by the  NHS haematologists. I hope that your comments are evaluated by the medical experts involved with this forum. I ask the moderator to follow this up with some urgency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.