Blood tests results

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello guys and gals

had routine blood tests from my arm on Monday to which i rang up my doctor today to get the results he said to me 90% was perfect no abnomalities but my liver results where Abnormal any idea what that can be? on the phone i asked if it was life threatning and he told me and i quote 'no theres no cancers nothing dangerous' could he be lying and him tell me on Monday it's cancer or im i overthinking this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely not. He's not lying. You probably have elevated liver enzymes. They can be high due to any number of things, the vast majority of which are extremely minor. Even having had a cold a month ago can raise them. Being one of the most sensitive markers, they are pretty much only medically useful as a contrast in narrowing a diagnosis. (when a patient is sick but their LFTs are normal, you can rule things out)
    • Posted

yeah he didn't seem worried at all told me to come back in 6 weeks and redo them if it's still high or the same as before then they will book me in for a scan so hopefully come 23rd march my bloods will be okay.

Sorry for the late reply been busy and thanks for taking the time to reply smile

• Posted

It sounds as though you are letting your imagination run away with you.

He might want to discuss your lifestyle with you and ask questions to ascertain why your results are abnormal.

Let me know how you get on and, good luck.

• Posted

hello thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply being busy smile

the doctor didn't seem to worried about my bloods just told me it's not that high we will redo the bloods in 6 weeks if the results are the same or higher we will send you for a scan of the liver if it's normal then everything's fine.

I did however get told i have a stomach bug called H-Pylori and was given a weeks course of  Antibiotics to get rid of it but don't feel any different.

But as i say the odd bit of blood on stool and mucus can't be to concerning for the doctors as when the community doctor rang to give me my bloods he i asked him if it was anything life threatning because when the doctor rings you something aint right and he told me no there is nothing cancerous nothing life threatning so does that mean they would of tested for cancerous sells in my stool and blood samples?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.