Blood when I went to the toilet

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so I spent a good 30mins trying to find the right group... so if I'm in the wrong group then I do apologise.

I have had no pain when I went to the toilet or prior to going but when I went to wipe, the toilet paper was covered in blood, new piece and again covered. Looked in the toilet and a mixture of blood and.. well what should be in there.

Poo not black, but a slightly darker brown. Blood red, so my thinking is not from the stomach?

This doesn't happen regularly but has happened maybe 4-5 times before , over a period of around 4 months.

I have no idea what it could be but I am also getting checked out for a trapped nerve in my neck. I also take citalopram and gabapentin. Also I have had some trouble with bad stomach pain but more to the side, near kidney maybe. I also get exhausted throughout the day and sleep upto 14hrs a night.

I'm a bit of a medical mess right now haha.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See your Doctor and tell him/her of what you have seen in the toilet -It is possible 

a Ct Scan and / or colonoscopy to make sure the kidney's are not affected (or any other internal organs) - may be needed ?

You do sound in a rather bad state of health -could be a lot of diffeent things-diverticular disease/colitis  ?- but, I am not a doctor -you really need to sort out all these symptoms - 

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Danny

Go to the Doctor and get it checked out, but the blood, get a hand mirror and check for Piles/hemorods, they can bleed when passing a motion.

As for the Citalopram, I had to stop taking them, ended up with a inflamed stomach, nausea and vomiting, they seems to be ok for some people, but certainly did not agree with me.  Ask the Dr. To do a FULL bloods, that will give information on your kidneys and your red/white bloods cells, to see if you have an infection.  Also a chiropractor is excellent at dealing with trapped nerves and can usually see you within a couple of days.

good luck.

• Posted

Danny

Fresh blood, all blood from your rectum is abnormal...emergency now.

Mention the stomach distress and the medications you are taking.

kind regards

• Posted

You need to go to the GP and insist you get referred to a doctor who can do a colonoscopy.it is no use that anyone says the bleeding may be piles(it could be) because it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to check out your gut properly (this test isn't bad I've had 3 of them).a colonoscopy is a telescope that looks up the inside of your gut.it is the ONLY way to rule out what may or may not be going on.you also need to get your bloods checked that you are not anaemic if you are bleeding.that may make you tired.dont give up on getting these two things done.dont take no for an answer.you deserve to feel better than this and with the right care that will happen.never give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.