Bloods.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I haven't been well for 15yrs and no diagnosis except m.e/cfs but some autoimmune tests are abnormal sometimes and then are ok again. But over the last 4 yrs my LFT's are never ok, my ALT is high (101) and then when i get them re done in a few weeks they go back down to 50 and then they just leave it again. Had scans a few times on my liver etc when they have been high and everything looks fine. I went to the Drs because of diarrhea for 10days and had to take a stool sample in and bloods done and guess what my LFT can't be right again because i have to have a phone consultation with Dr on Monday about them.

I don't know what's going on with the ALT, last time they tested for hepatitis etc and all ok. I do take paracetamol most days and drink once a week but don't know if this is the cause.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

god i feel for you ive been un well for 6 months cant tolerate food much  doctors got me on coplan  twice a day  7 foof in the evening had stool sample & blood test which she said flagged up a liver problem waiting on a ultrasound on my liver i hope u find your answers  very un pleasant problems smile

• Posted

4 times normal, is considered "Slightly Elevated" in ALT, which would be 200

You are not elevated

• Posted

My Drs are always concerned when it goes to 100 and then i get more tests done. I thought it was twice the normal that was considered elevated?
    • Posted

I think every country is different, my Doctor said even at 100 he wouldnt be concerned. ALT and AST can go up do to excersize, torn muscles, inflmation anywhere in the body including and not limited to the heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. 
    • Posted

Although, if it stays at 100 without ever going down its most def worth examing
    • Posted

It goes up to about 100 and then when i get retested in a few weeks time it goes back down again until the next time i get bloods done for something.
    • Posted

When i get the bloods re-tested they have always gone back down again. No idea when they spike, i haven't been well for 15yrs with no diagnosis only m.e/cfs so when i go to drs with various symptoms they do my blood and that's when the LFT's are abnormal and then they re- do them in a few weeks and they have gone back down again.

• Posted

So up and down up and down hey, ya thats strange, the fact they do return to normal is good though!
    • Posted

The only thing i do is stop dissolvable paraceramol when they have gone up so don't know if that's why they go down but i need to take them again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.