blotchy skin/ rash after taking press

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello.

Can you please shed some light on the fact that I have been takeing preds for about 2 years now and Im presently on 10mg a day and struggling to reduce further. Since I have been taking the preds I have had blotchy skin/rashes on my chest and quite unsightly.

Does anyone else have these symptoms please

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julian.

Blotchy skin/ rashes are quite common with PMR.  As you reduce further they should disappear.

If you are having difficulty reducing from 10mg per day, keep where you are for a while, then reduce by 1/2 a tablet every 2 or 3 days, then 2 days, then every other day till you reach 9.  Continue in this way, always keeping at the level you feel fit at.

Don't  show your chest off to everyone, then only you will know how unsightly it is!!! ????.

Greetings from Constance. ??

k

• Posted

I had a heck of a time getting below 10m and also had some weird episodes of aches, pains, etc. it is so hard to be "stuck" on a dose and wanting to taper! Listen to Eileen....control the symptoms, be patient. I am 2 yrs. 7 months into this PMR...somehow I attached myself to the "2 years and then remission" attitude which is not typical. When I had a rash I used Vanicream soap and lotion (no scent or additives)....used no perfume near the rash. That might help until you get past it??

• Posted

Hi Julian,  I just sent you a reply but it is being moderated, probably because I mentioned the name of a product I found helpful.  I do not get the blotches per se, but got a lot of milia (like whiteheads) on my face and my dermatologist mentioned a product that has helped.  Most people don't really pay that much attention to our little "defects" that are "big" to us.  If they do notice, so what!  We are doing ;our best to deal with a difficult dx.  The best to you.      Elinor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.