blue badge

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi folks ...has anyone ever got a blue badge for parking after an hip replacement...I will be unable to weightbear for 2 months due to an impaction aswell but the council told me today "get someone to ferry you about" i just think they are clueless ,

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Typical of local authorities.  They leave me speechless.  Mindless and emotionless!
  • Posted

Blue badge eligibily;

I am over the age of two and have a permanent and substantial disability which means that I am unable to walk

I am over the age of two and have a permanent and substantial disability which means that I have very considerable difficulty in walking

I drive a vehicle regularly, and have a severe disability in both arms that means I am unable to operate all or some types of parking meter

I drive a vehicle regularly, and have a severe disability in both arms that means I have considerable difficulty operating all or some types of parking meter

And these do not apply to us, as we are not permanently disabled.

See the govenrnment website

Graham

• Posted

Wouldn't it be nice to have a permit to allow non-permanent but still disabled people some help.

See your MP i guess?

Graham

• Posted

hi

yes ive read all this ...i just feel in some cases  a tempory badge could be considered 

karen

• Posted

My husband has a blue badge because he gets full high mobility being registered disabled, and if you could see the forms he had to fill in he had to have letter from GPS as well as neurologist
  • Posted

My husband suffers from CMT which is short for charcot marie tooth disease which affects the peripheral nervous and muscles, and as far as the brain there is a lost link it is part of the muscular dystrophy motor nurone disease which is untreatable, I think myself lucky that my arthritis can be cured by thrs
  • Posted

Yes, I have one I am in US all you do is have doctor fill out form send in and one will be sent to you.
  • Posted

You can't get one for a hip replacement because it's not permanent, and they don't give them out for short periods is what I was told, by the borough and the county council, also by citizens advice bureau too.

I did defy all the rules at Tesco though and used their disabled parking as it was nearer the store, even the store manager told me to so that I didn't have to struggle too much, they also offered me a whel-chair or a motorised buggy.

• Posted

Hi karen

Just to buck the trend, I applied and got one. It has been invaluable. I am in derbyshire

Take care

Kate x

• Posted

great kate

Are you recieving PIP ?

I might just try....its not just thp im also having a bone graft impction which means i can not walk on it at all for min 6 wks so the healing proccess is much longer 

karen xx

• Posted

Hi karen

Don't know what pip is but got the blue badge only because of hip replacement.

I listed all the painkillers i was taking and said i could walk zero feet without pain. They rang me and when i said i had been referred for a hip replacement they sent me a badge

Take care

Kate x

• Posted

I'm in Canada and had no problems getting a handicapped badge for the car. Blue badge here is good for one year and can be renewed if needed.
  • Posted

I'm in Australia and have a disability parking sticker. It has been invaluable. Just last night I was able to park close to a centre of restaurants and wander around. We had a lovely night, but I still wouldn't have been able to walk from a normal car park.

They've given it to me for 5 years though, and I know I don't need it for that long. I hope I don't anyway!

• Posted

Hi I first got my first blue badge while waiting for surgery on my back hoping my disability would be temporarily.

Unfortunately after 3 ops and hip problems and I have difficulties walking plus chronic pain, I now have a blue badge permanently.

The badge is usually given if you have walking difficulties and cannot walk without pain.

I would fill in the forms,not sure if you need your gp to fill part of it.

Hope you get sorted x holly

• Posted

Yes, but I got it through a claim for PPI due to mobility issues, because I qualified for this the badge was automatic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.