Blue Badge Assessment in 2 weeks!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I have had Crohn’s for 20 years now. Diagnosis, 1, Stricturing small bowel Crohn’s Disease with minimal colonic involvement. 2, seronegative arthropathy. had my work contract terminated on ill health September 2015, I am only taking azathioprine 50mg, as tried all other meds. I have been awarded ESA Support Group & PIP Mobility Daily Standard for 2 years, I am writing to today to ask what may happen at the Assessment? and how everyone got on with them? Thanks for reading, Twiglet

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, good luck twiglet. I've had Crohn's for 14 years and lost my job as well through it, so I can certainy sympathise with you. I am also currently struggling with a stomach bug.

I am just now filling in a form to change over from DLA to PIP. About 4 years ago I had to go to a face to face assessment for ESA.  I think it can also depend on who you get. The doctor that did me was really nice. He said quietly just before I left "you've scored the necessary points to qualify for ESA and if you don't get it, off the record, go to a tribunal". But I did get it and in the suppport group too.

I tried to up my DLA a couple of years ago because my health had gotten worse, they only had me on lower rate care so they kicked me off altogether (I only wanted middle care)!. I got the local council's welfare officer to help and we went to tribunal (nightmare) which I won and they put me back where I started.

I'm fully expecting a battle on my hands with this change over. So try and be prepared, they are making it harder. My doctor said fill in the form, let him know the outcome and he would bung all the letters and medical stuff to them when they get in touch. If they don't, he will. Lovely doctor.

I don't know if it's changed much but there are help guides on how to prepare and what to expect at an assessment. Benefits and Work has heaps of stuff which has helped me although you have to pay a yearly subscription but there free sites as well, such as gov.uk, disabilityrightsuk and of course citizen's advice bureau and others.

Sorry I can't be of more help at least until I've had mine but that might be a couple of months yet, unless they make the right decision when I send the form back - pigs are flying today! I would interested to know how others have got on as well.

• Posted

Thanks Judith, Patricia,

Tribunal awarded 4 points Planning and following journeys, 4 points Moving Around,, but it also says, Has particularly debilitating conditions, losing weight, low mood significant fatigue and malaise this impacts on his ability to carry out activities repeatedly and within a reasonable time scale.

I'm just want the blue badge, so I can get out of the house more and see my friends!!!

Thanks Twiglet,

• Posted

I so wany you to have the blue badge too!

Here in USA I have 11 months befote my disability turns into retirement.

Thank you for sharing Twiglet

• Posted

Hi, I had my ESA Assesemnt back in 17th of May 2916. I had crohn's for 8 years and have ilestomy stoma. The assessment went well and got my ESA Benefit. I havent't transferred to PIP yet. 

• Posted

It's assessment day in 5 hours time!

Can I ask to see what the assessor has written in assessment before I leave the consultant room?

If not can I ask for a copy of the assessment report?

What the chances I will get the same assessors that scored me 0, at my ESA, PIP, Assessment?

Just want to get this over with now!

Thanks Twiglet,

• Posted

Good luck sunshine!

Let us know how you get on.

I sent my claim form in on Tuesday, so it's a case of waiting now to see which way the wind is going to blow!

• Posted

Hi all, this is Twiglet12 here! I messed my account up so I had to sign up again and had to change my email address as the website would not let me in.

so just to let you know I rang the Council yesterday and I was told that I have been refused a blue badge and a letter was sent out on Tuesday, with reasons why I had been refused.

I did ask for reason why I had been refused and the person on the phone said that they were not able to tell me and the letter could take up to a week!

thanks twiglet,

• Posted

Hi all, I received a letter this morning on their decision. I regret to inform you that your application has been declined as you have not met the criteria to be awarded a badge.

you were assessed against the Department For Transport Good Practice and IMA Proforma to ensure the assessment was in-line with the legislation that governs the Blue Badge Scheme. I am afraid there is no further appeal at this time.

so that the end on that, over 4 months!!!!

• Posted

Really sorry to hear that. I don't understand about the "no further appeal at this time" bit. I thought you could appeal these decisions but then I'm fairly new to the PIP game so I'm not sure what the procedure would be. I'm still currently awaiting my possible face to face assessment.

Perhaps somebody else could advise you on this.

Chin up lass, hopefully it's not over yet.

• Posted

Hi that's terrible you were refused your blue badge. Can you not get some help like C.A.B. they might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.