boiling hot one miniute ice cold the next

Posted , 11 users are following.

Are any of you ladies having trouble with your body temperture. Yesterday I went ice cold my legs my feet my hands were like blocks of ice. I was dithering I was so cold, my husband got me a blanket and put the heating on. next thing I went boiling hot and had to open windows and my back door I was so hot. my husband googled the fibro symptoms. and body temperture was one of them.  

2 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep definitely have a wonky thermostat.   My work mates  look at me as if I have horns whenever I comment on it.    Ain't fibro just great!
  • Posted

Hiya Kaz,.welcome to your own private summers and winters....awful aren't they...had this symtom for years now...doesn't bother me anymore...I suppose one just gets used to it being a part of their lives!!!! but when I was younger I thought NO..menapause its toooooo early.!!! yes, it wasn't...gotta say it's much better than it was years ago...toooo many symptoms to this Fibro for sure....be blessed Kaz..have a lovely day....:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi christine so many symptoms still getting use to them all still sun is shinning and off for a weeks break tomorrow off  to the sea side for some sea air you have a lovely day too take care hun gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hope you have a wonderful time by the sea..love that fresh air ....be blessed have a fantastic stress free holiday..:-) xxx
  • Posted

oh yes! that sounds just like me.  I firstly assumed a few years back it was menopause but that's long gone.  Docs keep telling me its 'just your age' - what rubbish.  I have a 90 yr old friend who doesn't have the same issues.  I've never had problems with feeling cold unless in mid winter, never in mid June !
    • Posted

Ive gone through the horrid menopause but I never thought my heating and fire would be on in june? winter you can understand but june the joy of fibr not take care hun thinking of all you girls gentle hugs x
  • Posted

Yep Kaz as others  have said "been there" too ..as others have said, feels like the hot flushes from Menopause.....night time can be the worst for me...cold, so pull up the blankets, then cold, so throw them off....hubby and I now have 2 king singles, as I became too annoying for him with the blankets....both happy now....I actually sleep with ceiling fan on,even through Winter, and make use of blankets when cold, and fan for feeling hot.....not too bad during the day....but my feet are the first to feel the cold, too.....I have been told it's due to our Basal Temperature....also happens with CFS too...........yep we are a funny lot of specimens, hey?...Bron
    • Posted

me and my husband have seperate covers mine is on one miniute off the next I wear bed bed socks in bed as like you my feet are forever cold I also have a fan in the room which I use most days . we are a funny lot of specimens x
    • Posted

what a funny lot we are.  I have invested in a chillow for those days when my head is so hot I feel I have steam coming out of my ears.  Fibro is such a wonderful condition for keeping us entertained with yet another symptom.
  • Posted

Yes, boiling then freezing, I thought it was the change.
    • Posted

been their done that hun so I knew it wasnt the menapause thats fun in iself with what you go through with the menopause. I was a nightmare lol my poor husband went through the mill haha take care gentle hugs x
  • Posted

Hello Kaz, this happens to me alot especially at night. One minute I'm roasting and the next I'm freezing cold. Yesterday I had a very cold shoulder, literally. Never ending symptoms xx
    • Posted

Hi Julie these fibro symptoms are never ending, I think my temperature gauge as broke hot cold hot cold who has their heating on in June? Ive been that cold Ive had to have my heating on and sometimes my gas fire toosmile take care gentle hugsxx
  • Posted

Yes Kaz, I suffer extremely bad with my body temperature. In the evening my hands legs and feet are so cold, my husband has to make me a hot water bottle. But then I start to sweat. By the time I get in to bed I can't even let my poor hubby cuddle me as I feel like he is burning hot. My body clock is so badly messed up :-( 
    • Posted

I was a wake all last night what with the pain I was in 1st hot then cold, I was so called I was dithering. at 3 this morning I was doing me acuppa to help warm me up. then next miniute I was boiling hot, its a nightmare, Im like you I cant stand my husband being close to me because of his body heat. I wish their was a cure for fibro dont fancy having it for the rest of my life gentle hugs take care x
    • Posted

I too don't want this for the rest of my life. I have a granddaughter now and as she gets bigger I want to hold her and play with her. Do you find when you start drinking a hot during you start to drip with sweat? Gentle hugs for you too x
    • Posted

hi gizmo I do sometimes drip with sweat when I have a hot drink. its understandable you want to be able to hold your grand daughter play with her and do all the things grand parents love to do with their grand children. I have a granddaughter she will be13 this year my son and her mom split up she wouldnt let us see her, I havnt seen her since she was 2 half. but I would loved to be able to do all the things you want to do with your granddaughter, and hopefully you will be able to. take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

Oh Kaz I am so sorry to hear that you have not been able to see your granddaughter since she was 2 and a half - I am so sad to hear that. I hope one day she comes looking for you. Just had a hot drink and I'm now melting in bed - yuk!
    • Posted

ahh bless you thank you, last night I was boiling hot took a cupa to bed which made it worse, but I cant live with out me cuppa gentle hugs take care 
    • Posted

spot on Gizmo, I love my coffee but half way through a cup it's like someone lit a furnace inside me and particularly my face which gets hot from the inside out.  Makes me feel quite 'swimmy' at times, like heat stroke.  I've bought myself a wool filled pillow which is fantastic as I no longer get the dreaded sweaty head - it breathes much better than feathers.
    • Posted

Loxie thanks for your tip on the pillows - I would have thought that wool would make you sweat even more lol. I love my coffee too but the dripping sweat is awful and it makes my hair wet too! A furnace is a great way of describing it. I've been dripping wet today in the heat and it makes me look like I've got a fever haha. My toes are like ice though 😁
    • Posted

Yeh, I did too.  But apparently natural wool acts in the same way as say silk, it breathes.  So when I get hot it doesn't block the heat and lets air through.  Feathers protect birds from wet and are thermally efficient for their bodies so they act the same in a pillow - they prevent air flow and moisture dispersal.  Makes sense when I think about it.  Anyhow the wool pillow is my lifesaver smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.