Bone broth may help chilblains

Posted , 2 users are following.

Also trying bone broth this winter to see if it helps prevent the dreaded chilblains.  I got this from a website: 

"Bone broth from cartilage is source of collagen .... ..... an essential component of .... blood vessels ......" 

One of the thoughts on cb is there's capilliary wall damage letting plasma leak into surrounding tissues and causing inflammation, so the bb is an attempt to repair it.  BB also contains anti-inflammatory things like chondroitin sulphate so it may be doubly beneficial.

I've been having it for a few weeks now and it seems to have almost cured the arthritis in my shoulder, and my face is looking less wrinkled also.  smile 

Google bone broth to find out how to make it.  You'll need a slow cooker.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thank you. I am gathering all the information I can get.

Must again remind about D-vit with Calcium. My son, 8, took it for some weeks and all the complains of his toes disappeared. After av while I let him rest for maybe three months, and yesterday he complained again. So now he has started taking the vitamins again. 

I will check out the bone broth. 

• Posted

Thanks for that info Gryl, I'll keep it in mind if my chilblains emerge this winter despite the ginkgo tea and bone broth.  I took the calcium/vit-D for a few weeks but stopped to see what happened, still have a supply in the fridge.
    • Posted

I've also been wearing silver-coloured reflective socks and gloves made with a metallic thread, under normal socks and gloves, all winter.  Plus 'Skins' tights, leg-warmers and other warm clothing.  So far no chilblains, but the coldest part of winter here is still to come, in August.
  • Posted

Dear Tony

It is so that you took the Vit D with Calcium for some weeks with no improvement of your chillblains?

• Posted

I haven't had any chilblains this winter yet Gryl.  I stopped taking the Calcium/vit-D because I may not need it.  If I get chilblains I'll start taking them.  If I don't get chilblains in the next 3 months then I'll have narrowed down the range of measures from which my deliverance came.  Perhaps they all contribute some benefit, effective treatment is often multifactorial I've found.  

I prefer not to take high doses of a supplement if I don't need to, that's why I'm excluding the calcium/vit-D at this time.  (But if I need to I will start taking it - I have a supply waiting in the fridge.)

• Posted

OK  I understand. I am so excited to follow you during the winter. Good luck.  :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.