Bone Conductive Headphones

Posted , 2 users are following.

To anyone that has hearing loss they should try a technology that has helped me. They are called bone conductive headphones that work on noise vibrations to the ear. They do not go in the ear but to the bone behind the ear so you can still wear hearing aids and use these headphones. I have no hearing in my left ear and can hear with these headphones. You can get them online or at a Brookstone store. Amazing technology!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniel,

Thank you, from someone who is struggling with her hearing loss! So funny you should bring this up:  I recently discovered that while I couldn't hear TV with or without earbuds or noise cancelling headphones,  I could hear it when I wear Beats....and my doctor said that it's  definitely bone conduction that's the key.  It's kind of amazing, because they somehow give me the illusion of less tinnitus in my bad ear.  Sadly, the Beats kill my ears with my glasses on, and I can't see without my glasses! (It's always something!).  Additionally, if I Bluetooth to the TV with the Beats, my husband has to wear earbuds, which he is not happy about.  So, just this afternoon, he purchased a ZVOX speaker for the TV, which contains hearing aid technology ('Accuvoice"wink — It isolates and amplifies the voice track from TV shows and movies, so that you can actually hear dialogue with less overall volume.  We're just experimenting with it now, while watching the Golden Globes, and I have to say that it delivers on its promise.  I can still hear my tinnitus quite loudly but still, I can understand the dialogue.  

Are you using your bone conductive headphones for listening to music? TV? Both?  

Take care and thanks again!

J-

• Posted

P.S. I have no idea how that smiley face got in there! I meant to close the parentheses!
    • Posted

Hi J, use them mostly for music. Still trying to work and listen to music all the time to cancel the tinnitus. I actually have a second bedroom I use for TV to when my wife needs a break from me and my issues. LOL

Take care,

D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.