Bone scan?

Posted , 4 users are following.

so saw the rheumatologist, and she said I definitely have fibro but my symptoms are odd for standard fibro (spinal and rib cage problems along with constant costochondritis and severe headaches) so she's sending me for a bone scan. Little bit nervous, just wondering if this is common practice and is it ok? Sounds a bit evil rolleyes 

lots of love

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have costochondritis too in my ribs & chest. It is pretty painful. My rheumi did a chest xray before I got that to establish a baseline. I've also had a bone scan which is painless and only takes a few minutes. I also have RA so I don't remember which ailment I had the scans for! I'm currently looking into collagen. I've read a lot on it lately and it looks promising for the pain and sleep issues & many other things. I tend to have weird side affects from pills so I'm looking into alternative therapies. I also read that there has been a lot of improvement for those taking a high dose of vitamin D - up to 10,000 mg a day.
    • Posted

sorry to hear about your struggles costo is awful! Yeah I like the sound of more natural remedies and therapy I really hate pills. Thanks for the comment smile xx
  • Posted

What other symptoms are you having for her to think Fibromyagia?
    • Posted

All of them the standard chronic fatigue, widespread muscle pain, no sleep, general pain, temperature sensitivity etc etc. Just weird and random symptoms too, I'm a mystery lol xx
    • Posted

I know what you mean..You are not alone..I have been told I have Fibromyagia but there is really no test today for sure..Its all a guess just talked to a doctor this morning about my daughter having the same symptoms.. he said it's trial.and error.. And that they really don't know what Fibromyagia is..I said Wow...they just elimate all other things then say well it must be Fibromyagia... Huh??? I was shocked..I also have severe muscle twitches...Not sure what that's from but will find out tomorrow after my EMG..My muscles twitch all.over all day and have jerking at night time..in my sleep..I take Cymbalta for my Fibromyagia since I just started I haven't noticed any difference taken it.. Time will tell..Hope you get to feeling better real soon..Keep us updated on what they find as I will do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.