Borderline ESR? Another blood test needed. :-/

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Everyone,

I had a blood test end of Dec due to chronic migraines - It looked at all the main things as I have not had a blood test since I was a Child.

I'm 32 now -

The blood test come back ok except for the ESR rate. The doc told me it 21. According to my age and the sum that's done to calculate a person's ESR, my age should be 21 max.

So she said it's bordrline so I got to go back at the end of the month.

I have never heard of this before. Am a bit worried because when you google esr rate, you are faced with a load of horrible illnesses.

Wad wondering if anyone can shed any light as it's been on my mind...

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You're right to worry, fluctuations in ESR can result in several heart and nervous problems. I'd suggest taking up a nutritionalists advice and a second opinion. If its possible to get it into control with natural medications if 
    • Posted

I had a repeat blood test and my esr went down to 14 so I think I may have been a bit run down. I have made a few lifestyle changes too so planning to keep my body clean and healthy smile
  • Posted

I'd be happy with that ESR, last year mine was 84, I still haven't found out why!
    • Posted

No I'm not in pain.  I was told that my high ESR along with dry eyes and mouth suggested Sjogren's Syndrome but ophthalmology have said not so. My understanding is that ESR is just one factor that has to be looked at along with other tests/symptoms.  I have several other possible underlying causes but none active at the moment so I won't get any more tests until a review in July unless there are any flare ups. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.