Borderline personality disorder

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was previously diagnosed chronic anxiety with transient psychosis but now have been told I have BPD...am on quitiapene and venlofaxin which is certainly helping but am very phobic socially any other sufferers out there?  I used to be top and best at many things NOW I can rarely start stuff in case I fail, or if I do start things I rarely complete.  Am trying to relax and take baby steps but am bored and lonely when partner working, need to get a grip and have a bash at hobbies/interests as doctor wants me to put on the back burner work or study for a while and concentrate on getting stable.  Can anyone identify? thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

"I was previously diagnosed chronic anxiety with transient psychosis but now have been told I have BPD..."

Welcome to the club. I am also BPD and on Quetiapine.+ a antidepressant. Sometimes it takes a couple diagnoses for doctors to get it right.

"I am on quitiapene and venlofaxin which is certainly helping but am very phobic socially any other sufferers out there? 

I used to be top and best at many things NOW I can rarely start stuff in case I fail, or if I do start things I rarely complete.  "

This sounds like Anxiety.  How long have you been on Quetiapine? It is prescribed for anxiety. I have had success on it but am also taking Lexapro which has really helped bad thoughts and has a calming effect! So far really great! You can ask your Dr. about it.

"Am trying to relax and take baby steps but am bored and lonely when partner working, need to get a grip and have a bash at hobbies/interests as doctor wants me to put on the back burner work or study for a while and concentrate on getting stable. "

yes of course, you need to be able to operate during the day safely so you can be in public safely.

" Can anyone identify? thank you"

Everyone here can identify =)

• Posted

BEWARE! I did not mean to write Lexapro! I meant to write Topiramate which is usually prescribed for migraines but in my case the Quetiapine was giving me so much retaining of water my eyes were so puffy and my shoes didnt fit!  I complained to my doctor and he prescribed this because it has a calming effect which helps my anxiety like REALLY one thing I would add that my doctor did not tell me or didnt know is this is a diuretic which means a laxative so make sure you drink plenty of water =) and be near a toilet within 3 hrs after taking it =) just a tip... =)
    • Posted

Thank you VCSL2015 for your thoughts and suggestions cool glad I am not alone! The Quetiapine is certainly starting to help better than sertraline which I was on before. Not been on Q long only couple of weeks and am back to see Psych tomorrow....for review. Taking up more exercise to aleviate anxiety as well as help with my weight lol

Have a good week cool

• Posted

lm VERY interested to hear your progress please keep checking in here. As i wrote before the Quetiapine after taking 2-3x 25mg at night packed on the pounds which I have a feeling was mostly water. Even though i bent backwards to exercise you cant do anything about the weight, it just stays on you. Read this helpful youtube vid i found about exercise, medicine and weight gain (its for bariatric patients) but still applies to everyone. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.