Boric Acid causes irritation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies! I need some help. I have had BV 4 times in 5 months. My Dr feels that we have never really gotten rid of it and that's why it keeps flaring up. I have been on Metronidazole (orally) for the past 10 days and she has now asked me to try boric acid suppositories from the pharmacy for 21 days. I tried the first suppository last night and this afternoon I have noticed a lot of watery discharge and some redness on my inner labia. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? Should I keep using it or should I stop? This stuff always happens on the weekends after hours....ugh! Any advice would be so great!!

Thank you!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes it can cause irritation it caused me to spot after the very first night of using it. It is a strong medience and I think to high if dosage can cause irritation to some people my skin is very sensitive it did was it was supposed to do but I couldn't take it anymore because of the spotting hope this helps!

• Posted

Thanks so much for letting me know about our experience. It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone in all of this. I am going to give the Boric Acid one more try tonight and see what it does tomorrow! I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again!

• Posted

I never had those symptoms when I used the boric acid suppositories. They do work very well tho. If you're not sure that you want to continue using them you should try pure vitamin c pills and insert them vaginally. I've been on em for 3 nights and it works but it hasn't completely cured me yet. I've heard some women say its cured them but you have to b on it for a certain amount of time. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hey! I heard about Vitamin C inserted vaginally. That's a good idea. My skin is so sensitive in that area...especially bc I have had kids. Thank you again so much for the reply. It means a lot!

• Posted

You're so welcome love. I know hhow much bv sucks and I would love to help you. I've had bv for seven years. Vitamin c is something we need so hopefully this helps you babe. Let me know if this helpsyou. Make sure you get pure vitamin c. I got mine from dollar general and iI haven't had am odor at all but still some discharge but not as much as noemal

• Posted

Hey I know what u mean, I took metronidazole orally it worked lovely I recently got my period and it came back. It is a nightmare and has ruined my life. I have not tried anything else but I was recommended the boric acid capsules which I may try. But the vitamin c I'm hesitant to put that there.

• Posted

Okay, so I have used the Boric Acid the last 2 nights. The comments you all gave were so helpful. I decided that it was the drainage which was causing the irritation. I stopped trying to dry myself out and just wore a panty liner. The good news is that the irritation went away! I am feeling better, not so itchy.

Thanks for your help. It means the world to not be alone.

• Posted

I took the metronidazole once and tbey worked for ME and gas still been away for 4 montbs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.