botox for arthritis in feet

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried botox injections for arthritis pain in the feet

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't botox make you swell?  Not well up with these things!

• Posted

I'm not sure constance I know it stops movement and as i have hypermobility in my feet as well as arthritis and  i wondered if it would help in sort of paralyzing the feet a bit and numbing them.

• Posted

Wait long enough and without movement the feet would paralyse anyway. NOT a good idea!!!!
    • Posted

just a thought constance, I'd read somewhere that young things are getting it done in their heels so they can continue wearing high heels with out pain. I'd be happy to wear sneakers with out pain haha

• Posted

my daughter is a scientist who works for a company that produces botox for medical use. it is used primarily for people who have cerebal palsy or dystonia as it releases the contracted muscles. I wouldn't have thought it would help with arthritis.

• Posted

I understand your desperation. I am in absolute agony with my knee and would give anything to be rid of this pain.
    • Posted

I had a cortisone injection in my foot 2 weeks ago and everyone including a few doctors told me it would be unbelievably painful and wouldn't help at all. I must have been very lucky and had a good radiologist because it didn't hurt going in. Hurt a lot later that night but since then, fingers crossed.......it's been good. Can they do it in the knee?

• Posted

So far it has michelle much to most peoples surprise, including mine.The girl that was helping the Dr was even surprised she said I didn't even flinch (and I have no pain tolerance anymore). she said she's heard people scream and swear while they were having it done. I don't know if it was because I'd had an Mri the dr could use for reference or he was really good or I was just lucky........it's not 100% i've had a few twinges but on the whole it was worth it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.