Bought some shoes and they don't fit!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't usually post in forums at all, but I'm kind of getting distraught with my edema.  After losing 50 pounds, I was excited to buy a new pair of shoes with heels, the first in years I thought I would be able to wear.  Well, they were wide enough but couldn't accomdate with swelling.  Has anyone else wanted to wear a cute pair of shoes but they didn't fit and had to stick with flat shoes? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am exactly the same - my GP said my feet had just grown - WHAT AT 65 YEARS OF AGE!!!! I had to give away several pairs of expensive shoes because I know they will never fit me again. I have a wedding coming up in a few weeks and the shoes are my problem.
    • Posted

Oops...that should read....they HAVEN'T fit in a cute little size 7 ......left out the most important word...lol
  • Posted

Oh yes, I've had circulation issues and lymphodema for the past 10 years. I recently made myself throw away over 100 pairs of shoes bc I know I'll never wear them again. Something changed about my cute little size 7 feet and they fit in a cute little size 7 shoe in ages. In fact, I have to wear something like a slipper in a size 9 just get them on some days. It's very sad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.