Bowel and bladder problems after Trimethoprim

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took 4 tablets of Trimethoprim for a Uti and had an allergic reaction. Pain in my hip, buttock, knee and ankle and the feeling of cramp. I found it hard to eat and have lost around 10lb. 13 days later and I'm stick struggling with kidney pain and painful buttock and groin. I've had some blood tests and waiting for a Ct Kub and a scan. It looks like now I've also developed thrush , any one else had similar problems ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just taken Trimethoprim for cystitis and had the most awful weeks worth of side effects. Debilitating tiredness, nausea, vomiting, stomach and joint pain and a noseful of blood clots

. Cystitis? Gone but. I have never re-acted to a drug so badly. What on earth is in this medication??

• Posted

That sounds like an allergic reaction Margaret. I was still struggling after 3 and a half weeks. Still don't feel myself at all

• Posted

I also had hip and buttock pain and severe nausea during/after a 3-day course of primethoprim. Why don't doctors acknowledge that this is a side effect of this medication? Thankfully it cleared after a few days but I' ll never take it again.

• Posted

Hi there

After my expriences of taking a 5 day course of this poison (finished on 14/1/18) for a UTI I'm now wanding through pain in the bottom of my right foot where I'm unable to bare weight properly. My eyes are sensitive and soar; skin itching. Im off work at the moment as I dont feel able to commute.

I would be grateful to hear if you are now all recovered from this hiddeous medicine.

Thanks.

Elaine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.