Bowel Change In Menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

In peri / menopause has anyone gotten the itchy bottom w/pinkish blood when you wipe and burn when you pass bowels and occasional pain there? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was waiting for someone with this symptom to come on to share with I develope a itchy bum few years ago I don't have the blood when I wipe just terrible itch..I did went to my Doctor and he did tell me it could be something I was eating but still don't have anything done about it....it always usual happen after bowel movement or may come on by its own, I don't hear many people with it on here.

I have change Dr's last year and may mention it to them again can be very embarrassing if your outside and need good old scratch Lol

if you are experiencing blood when you wipe you need to see your Doctor about it...thanks for coming on and telling me ((((((hugs)))))) 

• Posted

Hi, there.  

I know it can be very embarrassing to talk about this.  I believe that you have internal hemorrids that get irritated and bleed from time to time. It helps to use a wet wipe after you clean up with toilet paper, to make sure that you have removed any matter left behind as this is very irritating.

However, because you could also have internal polyps, I suggest you get a referral to a GI doctor, too!  It could be the usual aging process, but it could be something else...

Take care!

• Posted

Hi Crosado8,

Yes I get this too especially if I have just passed a hard stool. It sounds a lot like hemmoroids. I've had them for a while and they flare up every now and again especially during that time of the month. It helps to use a wet wipe or Preparation H or Tucks medicated pads. They help soothe the pain, itching and irritation. Take care and feel better.

• Posted

Not that I can recall. I've only had the red streaks because I may have strained a little while going.

• Posted

I think I'm in peri and yes I've had this symptom for years. My mum had it during her 40s as did my nana (maternal side) plus a close friend of mine who is post Menopausal also suffers.

• Posted

I had itchiness for several years, and occasional bleeding. I put it down to haemorrhoids after having my son 13 years ago.

Then a couple of months ago I had really bad bleeding one morning after going to the toilet. I got it checked out and the hospital confirmed nothing sinister, but did say that constipation is a symptom of menopause - not as much fluid gets to the bowel to soften the stools. It's well worth trying to avoid this happening! I never knew constipation was related to menopause- it scared me rigid!

• Posted

I'm in menopause stages right now and it has really caused the constipation for a long while which I feel popped this diverticulisis on me. I birth 7 children all natral births. Does this been in meno cause sometimes bad dizzness and it also drops my blood sugar gives me pounding heart, hot fashes, panic and anxiety through the roof and now this diverticuslis on top of that! Its all scary!  Does anyne else have other health issues on top of the divetricculisis that they deal with? 

• Posted

Hi wondering if there's a link with the menopause. I have been to my gp on 2 occasions with an itchy bottom thought it was just me! Sounds like it could be linked to my peri menopause. Given me creams and washes but it hasn't helped. Also constipation haven't had any blood present though. Maybe my Hrt patches will sort this out.. Just applied my 1st patch so fingers crossed.

• Posted

I have been dealing with itchy bottom too! 
    • Posted

jayne, if hrt works for this problem will you let us know on here.  I too am having this 'new' symptom and its not nice, I always think when I get over one bad symptom that the next won't be as bad, but no, all of them are no easier than the last!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.