Bowen therapy

Posted , 2 users are following.

i don't know if this might help anyone with TGN.  I was diagnosed 10 months ago and panicked!  I was, however, one of the lucky ones and only had one or two pains a day for several weeks.  I took large doses of vitamin B12 and then went to my Bowen therapist who has treated me and several family members with great success.  I have now had about nine treatments and rarely experience any pain.  If I get a 'stab" I get it treated right away.  I sometimes feel not so good the day after but it passes and I can then go several weeks feeling fine.  You need an experienced well trained registered therapist though.  Many health insurance companies now cover this treatment so it may be worth a try.  Hope this helps someone.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What is Bowen? Is it like acupuncture?
    • Posted

No, Bowen is nothing like acupuncture.  The therapist works in a very gentle way over the fascia which, until now, seems to have been overlooked when it comes to healing our bodies.  Odd, since it connects us up!  I'm not an expert so I can't really explain it.  My family, and several friends now, can't believe how effective it is.  It's a therapy which began in Australia in the 50's and is now practised world wide.  I know in the north of England it is being used in a pain clinic and is being offered in my daughter in laws health practice in Lincoln.  I can only say - give it a go!

• Posted

Have you ever heard of the NanoVibronix  pain shield?  If all else fails for you I suggest you look into this.  It comes from Israel where it was invented by a doctor and scientist and they have an adaptation for TN.  I actually have one but have been advised that it's too strong for me - at present.  You can have the unit on a trial, rent or buy.  I found their people extremely helpful - I was even phoned from Israel and I'm in England!  For me their machine is my safety net in case Bowen fails at any stage.  It's very simple and painless to use and I gather it works quite quickly on very bad cases of TN.  It's not that cheap but  a free trial would determine whether it's worth the cost for you.  I really hope I have helped and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.