Bowens Therapy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Finally! I am having my first session tomorrow. Anything I should know? I am so hopeful that this will offer some relief.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well Gail I am having my first Bowens therapy this week also ,so I am wishing us both lots of luck xx❤️
    • Posted

I`m booked for next week, so will be interested to hear how you ladies get on please!...in so much pain, so here`s hoping for us all!
    • Posted

ps, re your other question about the price....when I rang to book, it was more than her website, which I think compared with some is expensive...£52 for first hour/half, £45 thereafter...but if it works...it will bw worth it.....
    • Posted

Hi Karen

Just wanted to say good luck with your Bowens today with Barbara - I went to see her this week and I have always had the most painful pressure pain at the bottom of my back and found it hard to stand for very long and walking along with the PMR pain was excruciating. Guess what I say Barbara on Tuesday and yesterday( if you remember I do go about every three weeks now) for the first time in I dont know how long the pain was no longer there and I could stand washing the pots in my kitchen without having to actually lean on the sink!!! You have definietly chosen the best therapist ever to go to she is amazing and always gives such brilliant advice. After all this time to be without the pain at the bottom of my spine I feel really weird but in the best possible way lol - I couldnt be without Barbara she is brilliant and I always look forward to my sessions as I feel so relaxed when there and on such a high when I leave.

Hope you enjoy yourself - let us all know how you get on

Take Care

Maureen x

• Posted

if my 3 sessions   are anything to go by, you will feel relife in the next couple of days.   when she does her work which is  around   30 esconds then goes out of the room for 2 mins   then returns and does her thing for another 30 seconds  and so on for around 5 times,  but in thos 2 mins rest.i found my  muscles    twitching  and  stuff like that. but  other people have differant  effects.  but well worth  the money.    i go to  kim holmes in leeds.  she doesent need to advertise, as her business  is very  busy.   please keep us all informed  as to how it goes for you,

just to see if you have the same as result as i have had  xx

• Posted

Thank you Pauline for giving us hope haha , hope you don't mind me asking but how much does your Bowens cost you per session please ,many thanks Karen xx
    • Posted

karen £35   worth every penny   if after 2 sessions  you find its not for you.

then dont do any more. but ia m sure you will feel  lots better.  still cannot belive how it works  just give it a go x

• Posted

Thank you Pauline ,yes £35 is what my lady charges ,will let you know how I get on xx
  • Posted

I am excited for y'all to get to do Bowen.

I'm still going, I'm finding it worth the money (about $70 per session).

It's the most relaxed I've ever been when I'm in the session and after.

Thought sometimes she tells me my symptoms might get worse for a few days, and yes that happened, but then that area relaxes.

My lower back hasn't complained much in  while now, yea! 

Still need her to work on my upper back and shoulder blades.  She helped me notice how often I hold tension up there!! When I bring shoulders down I feel so much better.

For me it took 4 sessions to see change, but I loved every session. My gal is just so enjoyable to be around. 

She also always (well, often) asks me if I feel any sensations after she does an area.  It's so bizzare sometimes what I feel.  It's either very heavy, warm and relaxed, or one time my entire body felt "grounded" except my on leg (hip flexor, quad) felt like it was floating in mid air!  She explained the energy in our body can flow or get stuck in an area while it's working on healing.

I'm amazed I can lie that still for so long (about an hour) and totally enjoy every moment, every sound, healing.... ahhhhh.

I totally find Bowen interesting, but wonder if one is not in touch with their  body would they even get it?  I.e. I wish my brother would try it, but I don't think he could relax enough. 

Report how it goes for y'all!  :>) 

• Posted

Well  the Bowens technique sounds very positive,

I ha e bad lower back pain since my GCA started,

I have been to Chiropractors Osteopopath and the last thing I tried was 

Cranial Sacaral which is a non invasive gentle therapy for the whole body

which was  very relaxing, except for the last one which left me with a bad headache.  So will now try Bowens, I will read your reports on the outcome

with interest

JR

• Posted

I appreciate your responses and letting me know what to expect. (the leaving the room part is strange). At one point, I had a lot of pain radiating down my leg and she sort of ran her finger around my knee cap and it calmed right down. That was my best indicator that there was something to it!! And lord knows, I've done weirder interventions over the years. I have another appt next week so we will see. Only $45! I can't say there is a big difference but I do think there is some.
  • Posted

Hi Gail

Hope everything went well at your bowens session. I started about a year ago on the advise of Eileen and it has been a godsend

My therapist< barbara in cannock staffs is an amazing lady and she charges me £25.00 a session for anything between an hour and an hour and a half depending on how bad i am that day.

it is the best thing i have ever done - i feel so relaxed, optimsitic and usually on the whole pain free when i come out or definitely within a few hours of leaving her.

she can also help with fatique and other pains i experiance other than the pmr

good luck let us all know how you get on

take care

maureen barbara="" in="" cannock="" staffs="" is="" an="" amazing="" lady="" and="" she="" charges="" me="" £25.00="" a="" session="" for="" anything="" between="" an="" hour="" and="" an="" hour="" and="" a="" half="" depending="" on="" how="" bad="" i="" am="" that="" day.="" it="" is="" the="" best="" thing="" i="" have="" ever="" done="" -="" i="" feel="" so="" relaxed,="" optimsitic="" and="" usually="" on="" the="" whole="" pain="" free="" when="" i="" come="" out="" or="" definitely="" within="" a="" few="" hours="" of="" leaving="" her.="" she="" can="" also="" help="" with="" fatique="" and="" other="" pains="" i="" experiance="" other="" than="" the="" pmr="" good="" luck="" let="" us="" all="" know="" how="" you="" get="" on="" take="" care="">

it is the best thing i have ever done - i feel so relaxed, optimsitic and usually on the whole pain free when i come out or definitely within a few hours of leaving her.

she can also help with fatique and other pains i experiance other than the pmr

good luck let us all know how you get on

take care

maureen>

• Posted

Hi Maureen ,I nearly choked on my cup of tea ,knowing you are in Cannock and know you have Bowens therapy also in Cannock , please Can you let me have the number or address ,as I live in Cannock also .so pleased you are doing ok with this terrible PMR xx
    • Posted

Hi Maureen,

i have been following this forum for a couple of years and I think you are the first one to say that Bowen can help with fatigue. That has always my most troublesome PMR symptom, except for mild-ish aches in the morning.  About all I do for it is carefully pace my daily activities.  Has the Bowen person really helped with your fatigue?  or is that something you have yet to try and if so I would really like to hear if it worked for you!

• Posted

Hi Mrs CJ

Can I first apologise for nor replying sooner but I skipped over the messages recently withour reading them properly!!!

Bowens does help me with fatigue if my therapist just concentrates on that part of my treatment and nothing else but it only usually last for perhaps a day or two and then the problem is that I overdo things and then boy do I suffer after that but at least my house looks nice and cleanconfused

I understand what you are saying about fatique as this is the one thing apart from walking that I really cannot cope with with. I am a naturally active person and I work full time and by the time I have finished work I just want to go to bed - I have even been known to shut my eyes at work.

I wish some one could come up with a solution to the chronic fatique but until then I suppose I can get a little respite from the Bowens.

I find though that the Bowens has helped with the pains and stiffness I have and I also have problems with my lower back, something to do with my discs and the bowens has really helped with that - Bowens is not a cure by any means but it does help and gives me some respite.

I hope this has been some help to you and I really hope you and everyone out there is having a good day

Take Care

Maureen xx

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information. I'm disappointed to hear that the relief you get doesn't last very long but at least you get a short improvement.....enough to get a few chores done smile I may try Bowen this winter (I won't be out in the garden, etc) and if I learn anything about how Bowen can help with fatigue I will let you know!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.