Boyfriends Very bad eczema that gets worse only in my house??

Posted , 4 users are following.

So this is on behalf of my boyfriend. He's 18 and had eczema his entire life. He's been prescribed every cream under the sun for it and some slightly soothe the itch but none are ever very effective. It started getting a lot worse since he's been going out with me and only ever gets so itchy and red and inflamed looking when he's over at my house. I use the same washing powder as he does, I don't wear make up or perfume or any body lotions when he's over. What can possiblely be making his skin so much worse in my house?? He's in a lot of pain as it's on his legs, his arms, all over his back and a has a big dry red patch on his cheek that really brings him a lot of discomfort. He cries every day because of how self conscious he is over it. Is there anything I can do to help, anything I can change in my room or any creams I can buy for him?? I hate seeing him in so much pain. I can't even be close to him or cuddle him because of the pain.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

sorry to hear of your boyfriends excema, it's distressing thing I know as a sufferer, I would suggest you wet dust everywhere when he visits. I have a leather suite but I think I have an allergy to this, so I put on a cotton sheet on the settee ( you can always take it of if you gave any unexpected visitors) I would recommend to him a good facial and body wash available from the doctors, I use Gv gentle wash. Use a coconut oil for a moisturiser. If all fails back to the doctors who can prescribe a short course of steroids. I take a antihistamine tablet every morning and evening. 

Hope this helps

• Posted

It can be anything really. Stress makes it worse as well. I have been told to use coconut oil. I have so many creams honestly. Its an autoimmune thing nothing really you can do.
  • Posted

It seems to me that he is allergic to something in your house .Do you have any pets?Do you have plants in the house or flowers? I have a bad allergy to pollen particularly grass and tree pollen.I would try and avoid steroids if possible .I use sudocrem when my face is red and take a zinc supplement.I moisturise with pure shea butter which is greasy but helps .I use emulsifying ointment on my body.An antihistamine will help with the itching.I use emollin spray or e45 spray on my back .Hope you can find something to help I know how awful it is good luck
  • Posted

Hi

It could be dust mites that are aggravating the problem. You could try one of them HEPA filters.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.