Brain fog

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am waiting for hysterectomy for ovarian cyst. Getting rather fat and uncomfortable. Tired and sleeping all the time. Now starting to get worried about brain function! I seem to be incapable of making a decision, feel disoriented at times and am slipping at the crossword puzzles etc that I do to try to keep brain sharp. Memory and confidence have gone. Is this stress while waiting for surgery or am I on the slippery slope?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's probably stress related thinking about it you'll be fine I was scared to death last year when I had mine but it was over before I knew it

• Posted

Don't worry.  It's just stress.  I had an ovarian cycst removed nearly 9 weeks ago plus removal of my appendix as the cyst had wound itself round my appendix as well.  My stomach was also getting fat and painful.  However since the op I have been fine with no problems at all.  Take it easy at first, no lifting or anything like that.  Short walks at first only, graduating to slightly longer as the weeks go on.  The time soon goes surprisingly quickly.  My stomach is going down gradually.  Don't eat bread, it made me feel bloated, lots of fruit and drinks.  Stand up straight, do the exercises recommended and do as you are told, you will recover much more quickly that way.

Best of luck to you and stop stressing!

Barbara

• Posted

Thank you. It so nice that people like you and Caroline are willing to help. 
  • Posted

Update. Total abdominal hysterectomy took place on 6th December. Everything removed. Spent two nights in hospital and quit strong painkillers on day 3 before going home. Taking paracetamol four times a day because I was told to but could sometimes forget as pain not too bad at all. Managed a bowel movement on day 5. Probably the thing I was dreading most. Taking Laxido to help with that but it can cause more pain so hoping to ' 'move' more naturally. Feeling so much better in every way (hopefully this will continue). Ladies there is light at the end of the tunnel! My favourite mantra ( can't remember where it came from) is TTSP - this too shall pass

• Posted

I am glad to hear you are going on okay.  Isn't it great to be without the cyst!  When I went for my check up at 9 weeks, the Nurse told me, they had thoroughly tested everything removed and all were fine, the cyst I had measured 12 cms by 10 cms and the surgen removed it all in one piece.  It weighed 1 lbs.  I didn't have to take a lot of painkillers either.  They gave me a morphine button to press in hospital but I never had to use it.  It was a good job really because it got lost somewhere in all the bedclothes which kept slipping down the bed.  Its a wonder I didn't slip out the other end as well!  Even though you are feeling good, remember not to do too much as your insides need time to settle down and take it easy at Christmas.  I can now get into a couple of pairs of trousers, I am glad to be out of track suit bottoms and stretchy tops, but can't yet get into all of them.  However I don't have so much of a "muffin" top now thank goodness.

Best wishes to you,  and Happy Christmas, Barbara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.