brain fog permeant ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello iv been suffering wth severe brain fog and feelings of being unreal and im just wondering if blood sugar control can do this and if so is it permant i have normally very good control i was high on the morning this feeling came on ranging at 15 in my blood but then it went back down to 6 but still i felt like this and i have been getting more and more spaced out each day but my sugars are ranging normal so i dont know whats happening i am desperate for answers i have had a ct scan of my brain which showed nothing so im confused really as i dont take any other medications or have high blood pressure and im only 26 years old and slim weight 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard56352,

I am not a medically qualified person so I can only advise you report your symptoms to your doctor for investigtion as it may not be the diabetes that is the cause of your symptoms.

Apart from your "brain fog and feelings of being unreal" do you have any neurological symptoms, for example: - pins and needles,

? Numbness and tingling of the arms and more commonly the legs

? Difficulty walking

? Loss of balance?

What sort of diet do you have?  Do you eat meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products?  What about vegetable such as cabbage, broccoli, sprouts, beans etc.?

Do you or have you had any tummy troubles, surgery or dental treatment?

Are you physically very active or under a lot of stress at work or in the home?

Hopefully someone on here will be able to advise you more than I can.

I wish you well. 

• Posted

i have off balance and lots of headaches but thats it as for stress i recently moved which caused slight stress but nothing to warrant a complete detachment from ones surroundings and confusion if you get my drift 
  • Posted

Have you had a test for your thyroid levels ?   Low
    • Posted

i think they did them in hospital when i had the ct scan and no one ever mentioned they were low or too high just so confused as to what it could be as iv never heard of any diabetics geating permant brain fog obviously in anxiety disorders this is different but i dont feel particualy anxious apart from now that my symptoms are devleoping 
  • Posted

Could it possible be Vitamin D or B12 deficiency as lots of folk these days are struggling with their levels.

I have Type 2 diabetes but I've also had Pernicious Anaemia for nearly 45 years and there is is a slight cross over of symptoms so sometimes when I get a bit "hazy" I'n not sure which disease is affecting me.

I would definitely ask to have your Vitamins D, B12 and Folate levels checked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.