Brain Fog, Short Term Memory loss, Panic attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I, my name is John. I’m 43 years old. I had my first panic attack when I was 22. Hit my like a rock. called the ambulance. I thought I was dieing. no. I turned out OK after the ambulance personnel told me it was a panic attack gave me something to calm down. I started getting them once in a while after that. Doctor said maybe stress in my life, typical responses. take drugs to fix the issue. Later in life they became worse. never stopped. just getting more frequent. Then it hit me. I thought I had a stroke. Ran into brain fog, after a few years turned into memory loss as well. The panic attacks only increased to once an hour almost. I was at my wits end 2 years ago, about to go suicidal. No one was listing to me. They all thought it was in my head. Just by stupid luck I stumbled what was causing all the issues. Doctors would have killed me eventually if I had listen to them.

On my own I got it. I have no issues with brain fog or memory loss. I haven’t had a panic attack in a year. Turns out Soy did it. Im not allergic to it, just makes me sick. Fermented gives me brain fog, Processed soy without the protein is like a double sword. Brain fog, memory loss and a mass amount of panic attacks ensue after I intake a large amount into my body. Equals to about a drop of it.

When I went soy free, It was hard. You have no idea whats it is in until you do the no soy. Its in everything. What I had to do to get it out of my system. My food for the day. Fruits and veggies, selected meats from farmers that don’t feed them soy. Eggs from chickens not fed soy. Soy free toothpaste, mouthwash. Soy free shampoo,conditioner. Compounded med. Neosporin is compounded. My ibuprofen is compounded. Antibiotics have all to be compounded. Magnesium stergate found in all med's is made from soy. Some of the fruits and veggies I buy from the store have to be skinned.. Most fruits and veggies have a soy wax on them. Soy in allot of sodas. Its in all forms of store bread. Its in all makeup. You don’t even know it. But everyone is overdosing on soy.

My trigger what go me to figure this out about soy. I overdose on soy. Took a few days. I was taking Bayer’s Chewable s. Messed me up. Lead me to a massive panic attack. Half my body went numb weirdest feeling. Thought my heart shut down. Docs put me Valium. Knocked me out. I was about to shoot myself at that point. No idea soy was the issue. Saw a show about celiacs a day later on john Stewart show. and change my life. Pulled out gluten, unknown to me I pulled out some soy with it. And I felt great. Took me a week to figure out soy was the main issue. I took three Reese's cups. Two more that I usually do and had a panic attack. Found the ingredient Soy lecithin. I’m gluten and Soy free. And I love life once again.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I love hearing these kinds of stories.  Yea for you, John!  Thanks for passing that on!  I will send to a friend of mine who has the same problem - way better than anti-anxiety medication!

• Posted

WOW! I have heard allergies can do this. I went in a clean diet most of last year and not going to lie i felt a lot better.i once saw a show on a boy who had horrible epilepsy and they out him in some ketogenic diet or something like that and his epiliepsy went away. One doctor tested intensely for celiac years ago via an endoscooy and taking samples from my intestines and esophagus. Nothing,  I wonder if it is an allergy or a reaction. How in the world did you narrow it down to soy lecithin. And what can you eat now? You should seriously write alittle book or something on your whole experience and diet. I would read it. You are not the first story i have come across. First with soy, inhave heard with dyes and other chemical additives though. They really mess up all our foods with so much toxic crap its so unfair.
    • Posted

The foods I eat are very basic, I miss eating chicken, going to look for a farm that only feeds the chicken non soy based foods, or start my own small chicken farm in the back yard. I’m finding I cannot work on automobiles, the oils mixed in from additives contain soy. Helped my neighbor with a starter, ended up soy sick for the day after that.
  • Posted

Keeps going to moderation i have no idea why. This is extremly interesting.imoressive that you figured it out as well. What is your diet like now?
    • Posted

Basic foods, anything with a wax covering has to be peeled. Avocado, have to make sure to peel it under water so no pices fall into the mix. I love eating at five guys. only fast food I can eat. I cant eat anything processed. I make my own taco sauce packets. soy is in everything. I just descoved I cant work on cars, the oils affect me.
  • Posted

Awesome to hear. Thanks for your testimony.
  • Posted

Thats so good that you found what the problem is - and found it out yourself.  I have friends who have celiac disease and get very ill when they intake anything with gluten in it.  Sometimes people are really ill with this for years before they get a proper diagnosis.  My son has alot of stomach problems and vomitting and is on continual medication and I'm sure he is intolerant to something - maybe dairy, we have to try to eliminate things from his diet, but its really not an easy process, especially when hes a fast food loving teenager! 

He was diagnosed as having too may H-pylori bacteria a while back, so it might be this problem again.   

• Posted

I know this sounds weird. But I had similar stomach problems and found out that a clove of fresh garlic squeezed into a glass of tomatoes juice fixed my stomach problems in 10 minutes.
    • Posted

Thanks for this. I think he could try this, but getting him to agree may be a different matter. It couldnt do any harm!
    • Posted

Haha. I know how that is. I have not yet been able to convince my son to try it. I guess one of his friends has to suggest it - mothers don't know anything.
  • Posted

Another thing I have found, I cant breathe it in, blood contact or eat it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.