Brain MRI including IAMS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Evening all, I'm due an MRI including IAMS next week and to say I'm terrified is an understatement. I had another MRI earlier this year, a pelvic one, so I think I was quite far in the tunnel. My question is have any of you had this scan and can you tell me how long it lasts and how far in will I be into the scanner? Will my legs be out at least?

Wishing you all well

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Depending on what they are looking for it will take probably 20 to 30 minutes plus you have to stay still if it's on your pelvic you will probably be in, if you are nervous you can ask from the dr doing the MRI to give you something to calm you down, but I'm in the united states and sometimes the will give you glasses so you can see out in the room or they would give me like the cover for your eyes so it's dark usually they play music but some MRIs if it's your pelvic they may have one that's open so just your middle is in, if anything I would ask before hand for something to calm you down,

Good luck I had so many and I still have attacks in there

Cynthia ( Cindy) USA

• Posted

Wouldn't you think by now they'd have come up with a way not to put you through more stress and invent a smaller scanner I.e not a massive tube! My pelvic one took about half hour I think but I can't be sure felt like hours! If with a brain one my legs will even be a little more free so I can feel air it'd be nice!
    • Posted

Lol I feel you on that I just had a brain MRI last winter and I felt like I was in there forever, yeah you will be in there unfortunately I know I had to have glasses on that one, but I am on valium so I knew I took a few before I went in.

I wish you the best of luck stay calm you will be Ok, I did and I can't lay on my back to long so it was hard for me they had to give me like four pillows under my legs cause I will just start jumping my nerves I don't even know when it happens it just does lol.

Good luck you will be Ok😉

Cynthia ( Cindy)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.