Brain Scan Results

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I've been on this forum for a few weeks now.

I started off with intrusive thoughts before Xmas - I was coping with them!

Then I got a cold not long after & extreme headaches!!

I then found it hard to balance all three and ended up with panic attacks and anxiety. (I think from being SO drained).

Has new year approached I got alot worse thinking I was floating around, visions, extreme headaches...

Tried x4 types of meds nothing agreed so ended up med free!!

I asked the doctor for a brain scan has I felt the headaches where too extreme for anxiety! Literally like someone was whacking my head with a bat!!

The doctor refused - I recently paid for one off my own back and the results have come back that I have a 10.4mm pineal region cyst. (Not sure where - wasnt told)

Now my doctors willing to do something...

Has anyone heard of this before?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

ThIs is the problem the Doctor refuses the test because of your anxiety, you pay if you can and they find something after you pay for the test.

Good Luck with your cyst removal

BOB

• Posted

Can I ask how you paid privately?

I'm convinced there's something going on inside my head but doctors don't seem to think there is a problem x

• Posted

I had the scan where you lie down & go into the tube.

The scan was £400.00 + £20.00 for a GP referall from the private clinic.

I could be that the cyst isnt causing any problems because ive not been told where it is yet...

Ill keep you updated.

I had the scan for piece of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.