Brain tumor worry is back!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,  I have health anxiety and for about a year now I have been convinced that I have a brain tumor. Recently I started to feel a bit better about this until the other day, when I randomly felt really hot and vommited and had a bad headache. Recently, my dogs been sniffing my eyes a lot and I googled why she is doing this and it came up with dogs can detect cancer and tumors by sniffing at the point!! Now im in utter panick and know if I go back to the docs they will tell me theres nothing wrong with me! Any advice?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You'd have other symptoms if there was anything serious wrong, stop worrying, it's making you miserable, your dog is trying to comfort you as its sensing your despair

You know deep down you'll be ok

Take care x

• Posted

What makes you think that being sick and having a headache is caused by a brain tumour?

Yes it's true that some dogs can be trained to sniff out cancer. However dogs can tell when you're upset and unhappy.

If the nausea and headaches continue, then visit your Dr. The main problem these days is the amount of information available online. The old saying 'a little knowledge is dangerous' is so true.

Maybe if you suffer from health anxiety, it would be a good idea, not to look up symptoms and conditions. 

• Posted

You seem annoyed by my post. People with health anxiety understand that it's not rational and logical, but anxiety isn't rational and logical. Being made to feel stupid about it is not okay. And also do you think if I could just stop googling symptoms in a blink of an eye I wouldn't? Do you have health anxiety?
    • Posted

Firstly how can I be annoyed by your post? If I was annoyed I wouldn't have bothered  replying. Where does my post say I'm annoyed?

secondly where did I say you look stupid, I never used the word.

and lastly in answer to your question I've suffered with anxietyi for years and so I am fully aware that anxiety isn't rational or logical and I've said nothing different from your previous replies,. I suggested that you visit your doctor as you asked for advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.