Brain tumour scare?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I seem to spend most of my time at these forums nowadays. I'm beginning to convince myself I have a different cancer every week! Anyway, I can't exactly remember when it started but it was recent, Monday at the earliest, but my right eye seems to feel like it is going cross eyed sometimes and other times it feels like my eyes are moving really quick to a different position although i get this under control quickly, it only seems to last less than a second. Unfortunately, old Dr. Google came back and convinced me I have a brain tumour. It does seem to be psychological though, as when I don't think about it, my eyes are fine, when I do think about it they do the thing. No headaches, drowsiness or seizures. I should add though, this glancing started a month ago when I was at an awards evening, I quickly glanced away but I don't know if it was because I was distracted because my friend was being boring. Should I worry about this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First of all get ur eye condition rule out . in the case that a good diagnosis can be found. In the mean time don't pressure yourself too much cause thinking brings on anxiety more. Googling is very evil cause it frightens us with our search. Jus pray it will soon b over
  • Posted

NO I dont believe you have a real illess but you can experience symptoms that FEEL real! I am a hypochondria so I know what you are going through. Hypochondrism is REAL! and needs to be treated by  a mental health professional. A therapist will be able to help you get control of your thoughts. You need to focus less on your symptoms and keep your self busy doing other things. If your doctor tells you are healthy believe him and try not to doubt and try not to diagnose yourself because you are not a professional and either am I lol but I am very knowldedgable about these things and I bet you anything you are a hypochondria like I amsad but it can be treated with cognitive therapy...and you need to tell yourself the truth that you are OK! and you are not going to die. 
  • Posted

I suffered with this same kind of fear and obsessional anxiety about having cancer.  I was put on sertraline to try to control this kind of anxiety and it seemed to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.