Brand new to me... Anyone else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with GERD for some years now. Sometimes I'm good about taking my meds and sometimes I'm not. A couple months ago I had an anxiety attack and my bodies reaction was new... My stomach was upset, I felt like I just needed a BM and it would go away, the back of my throat and my sinuses and even my eustacian tubes were irritated burning sensation. I haven't experienced that before but have experienced the constant dry cough, something stuck in my throat, I even explained it as a golf ball on a tee, the post nasal drip especially in the am, hoarseness after talking a lot. Tit totally freaked me out... Anyone else?? I've heard some worse symptoms a lil different than mine but I have tested my own body and tried to get it to react the same as the initial onset but haven't gotten it to do it the same. I even read someone saying that their skin itched.... I didn't have a rash or anything on my skin but it was terribly itchy... Am I crazy or is this real??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes, I have some of your symptoms....to me reflux has many layers.....nasal drip, hoarseness, major cough......then it can bring on astma.......why, I have no idea.  I just try and live with it all, because I can't explain it.  I was doing really well about a month ago, no real symptoms and though, great.  Stopped taking medication, and oh boy, was that a mistake.   Took weeks to recover.! 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I see a GP in October and maybe an ENT referral. I feel totally crazy!!!
  • Posted

I have these symptoms and was recently diagnosed with LPR (Silent Reflux) by ENT doctor. I also have Oesphagitis.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm just waiting on my ENT appointment for an official diagnosis but the GP is convinced I have GERD/LPR. I've been on 2 types of PPI's without much luck unfortunately. But..i have had every single symptom you mentioned including the itchy skin. I also have anxiety but rather than panic attacks I just have a more constant anxiety over my health which I think is making my symptoms a lot worse. At least is you are going crazy you're not alone!

• Posted

Yes!! My anxiety is mostly over my health and I had an attack and boom the rest is history. It's on and off for the most part but if I'm consistent with my meds at least twice a day I'm ok. This is just starting for me but as I think back my left inner ear itches all the time and I wouldn't doubt if it were that! Ugh.... Oh and sometimes I gag and spit something terrible while brushing my teeth in the am like I was pregnant..., NO!!!!

• Posted

Got another question for you about the itch you skin......is it a constant or is often periodically or just on initial onset? Mine was terrible just on the initial onset. But again no bumps no redness no spotty rash NOTHING was there to be itchy from!!! My arms and thighs were what itched. I still feel crazy! 

Thanks

• Posted

Mine seems to come and go. Weirdly I've started to notice it's worse when my other symptoms are worse although it hasn't happened long enough yet to say that's definitely a pattern. When it's bad though it drives me crazy. Mine was mostly arms but my thighs did have it as well. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.