break outs and bleph,is there a link?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had this condition for a year now, I am concerned because my skin has been breaking out in pimples like crazy since i had this. I have changed makeups and tried everything,is there a link between break outs and this condition? I do not have rosacea just areas that break out,thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you have had other diagnioses or medical issues I have hashimotos disease and fibro myalgia for my hashimotos I have been hospitalized and take medicince for manic episodes for ten years my blephospasms started about December 2014 it started out mild and progressed as time passed I believe it started after taking one of the meds I was on but not sure which one it was considered a side effect or reaction the doctors werent sure if it was temporary or permanent. I also have a slight case of psorasis which I have been to a dermatologist they gave me antibiotics and a cream. Currently I am having a slight break out I noticed Ivory soap helps and laundering pillow cases twice a week maybe helpful as well I am attempting to go back on b/c hoping that will help eliminate the pimple issues.
  • Posted

Could be a factor. I believe my immune system is suppressed from stress with cause massive flair ups. If only I could post a picture. 2 weeks ago ER with this flare looked like a zombie.
    • Posted

Stongly suggest ER or if you can bare it a dermatologist maybe allerigic reaction to something. I hope you feel better soon maybe an oatmeal bath would sooth itsort of hard to know what it is.
  • Posted

Dear Susanhelp38,

I had a young girl who came over to see me and she had acne and kept on touching and squeezing it. She ended up having an eye that was swollen on her upper lid. I gave her the wipes to try and she said it took care of the problem. That was the Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes.

I had her take a Wet One out of the package and not open it up but just press it on her really bad area of her acne. She kept it on for 20 minutes and turned the Wet One over and pressed it again for another 10-20 minutes. When I saw her again that area was greatly improved. She did it only 1 time as was going to the doctor to get and antibiotic she said.

Bacteria can be transferred from face to eyes.

You can try the Tea Tree Oil in shampoo that is mentioned on this site and it may help you.

I did use the Wet Ones, antibacterial wipes, and killed my Blepharitis but some cannot use them as they have sensitive skin. 

Even honey can kill bacteria too. Please read the posts here and you will have a lot of options to try.

Lynda79

• Posted

Susan you're probably much younger than I am but I have been using Neutrogena grapefruit acne face wash as part of my cleansing routine for blepharitis its antibacterial properties specifically against staff bacteria are supposed be helpful along with other treatments . Don't stop washing your face the way you usually do because of the extra attention you're paying to your eyes I'm not sure if they're connected because you say you don't have rosacea but using antibacterial face wash will help both conditions and using a light moisturizer is also important even though you're breaking out wash your face every time you come home from the street wash your face religiously every morning and every night before you go to bed I hope this helps for the blood for the blood try using a dimes squirt of baby Johnson no tears shampoo and a single I repeat one drop of Teatree oil face wash paying attention to the eye area and washing it completely off only after you've washed with your acne face wash tea tree oil is also antibacterial and will probably help your breaking out as well again don't let your skin get to dry use a light moisturizer every morning and every night good luck

• Posted

I battle a extreme severe case..use red lid wet wipes with tips at lash lines. If eye cream is needed do not use cream use an eye gel to combat dryness. Only use preservative free eye drops. Cliradex eye wipes from amazon. Ocusoft eye wiped extreme. Epsom salt soaks. Eat well.. drink water. It's a struggle. I wear No make up. Only tinted moisturizer. I hope you all get well. This for me is a struggle.

• Posted

I feel unattractive.
    • Posted

hi lynda and agnes, thank you so much for answering. I am getting that grapefruit wash and i always had clear skin,just recently maybe a year or so have had breakouts. My eyes will be what they are,iv accepted that,crappy and sore,lol but now the break ouyts,urgggggg   I will never know the cause of this dreadful bleph but I will go with the flow.....
    • Posted

KP1953,Dont feel that way,I remember one time,i got so down that i couldnt wear eyemakeup that i was going too,so i did and wore everything,next day i woke up with 2 swollen eyes.......sad     you are probably very pretty,just stay positive and try try try try different things,you will find something smile

• Posted

btw,not only do i have crappy eyes ,I know have crappy skin....... urgggggggg it could be worse ,xoxoxoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.