Breast Augmentation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need help I had my breast redone after 10 years and I went smaller. After the surgery I was immediately in a ton of pain on my right side, my doctor said that he did a lot of work to close the pocket that was created. Two days after my surgery the right breast swelled to the size of a watermelon. My doctor said not to worry about it, but a week later nothing changed and I started feeling bad. The doctor went in an drained all the blood. When I went back a week later for the sutures to be removed I advised my surgeon that there was something hard and almost square now at the top of my breast and when I moved my arm it hurt. Like something was scrapping. Also when he removed the sutures he did it on both side, well the side that had been opended twice, (sutures in the nipple) he took the sutures out of and my nipple basically came wide open when I took the badage off. The pain went on like this for 4 months. They replaced my implants , went smaller again.

NOW I have pain again, the pocket is opening up and if I tighten my pec muscles the implant on the right side pops out for under the muscle.

I have insurance on my boobs but I don't now what to do or were to go. I am tired of hurting. Its constant

Any advise would be appreciated I really need to know if this is normal.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Why did your surgeon operate on your nipple for a breast augmentation? Did he also do a breast lift at the same time or did he insert saline implants through an incision in your nipple? After 4 months you shouldn't really have problems with an open wound. You also might benefit from securing the pectoralis muscle over the implant either using your own tissues or other material. Was your operation done by a plastic surgeon?

• Posted

He went through the nipple to input saline implants. I would have thought that by the last surgery pain and problems would not be a issue. I do go to a board certified plastic surgeon that is well known where I live, but with all the problems I have had and then to still have pain and problems it is upseting. My doctor knows I would out a lot and now it hurts to do most anything, especially anything where my chest tightens up. I have insurance on the implants themselves but by surgeon told me if I need anything else done that I will have to pay full price . I just need to know what to do, because with how I feel after all the problems I have had I just don't know if going back to my doctor is worth it.

let me clarify on the wound. That was just something that happened. He removed my suture to early and then it opened right back up with in 30 minutes. They had me go back to the office to tape my nipple closed.

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like you are from the US. I work in the UK and use only Silicone implants, so have only limited experience with saline implants. In general I would advice gentle massage to support scar maturation and it might settle within 6-9 months. Since I haven't examined you, it would be a good idea to check with your surgeon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.