Breast Cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with breat cancer, it was not found on a mamogram but found on an ultra sound scan a biopsy was taken and  I have been informed that it is 20mm by 16mm and it's an invasive ductal carcanoma Grade 3 ER/PR negative, mammographically occult and I am due to go for an MRI tomorrow??

Can any one explain to me the above diagnosis in more detail??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

Im so sorry to hear this.  I hope you are ok.  There is some information on the internet about this, however reading stuff on here is probably not the best idea, it did mention lobular which is what my cousin had, she had treatment and is ok now.  My cousin had a genetic link as her fathers mother and his sister had it.  I hope everything is ok for you.

Kindest regards

Niki x

• Posted

Many thanks,  I go for my MRI tomorrow, and then I go back to see the consultants to discuss the MRI and see what treatment they advise, I know that they have already booked me in to have the lump removed and are going to remove a few lymph glands at the same time, so fingers crossed it will all be OK, but if not, I will have to deal with it Again many thanks for your reassurance
    • Posted

Before you have a few Lymph Glands removed, they inject you with a blue die to highlight the glands, and take are the bluest, do you know how long after the injection the Lymph Glands remain highlighted?
    • Posted

I found a lump in my breast, I had all the scans, biopsys, MRI a Lumpectomy and Lymph gland extraction  and I am one of the lucky ones, there wasn't any cancer cells in the Lymph Glands, and the lump was taken out, and surrounding tissue too, and no cancerous cells found and this all happened in a space of 5 weeks I will still have to have chemo and Radiology to be on the safe side, but I feel lucky and I would like to stress to anyone who is in doubt as to IF it is a lump or not, don't hestate to go and get it sorted, because the alternative is far worse  My lump byt the way was Mammographilcally occult and wasn't found on an ordinary mammgram but found on an Ultrsound
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with left breast ductal carcinoma h2+ poorly diferintiated in October 2013, had a lumpectomy 12/2/13 started chemo in 2/14 and done with all of my infusions 5/15 almost two years a survivor smile Don't overwhelm yourself, I read all of my papers, did my own research, and asked many questions, know your body, and have faith, it can be scary and it's normal, one thing I do recommend is to try drinking fluids constantly, it was hard for me due to the vomiting, just slowly but constant, have crackers, I was given zofran for nausea but was not good for me, then got compazine which helped better, but ativan also halped me for the anxiety and even made a difference but just ask your doctor. Met patients who also told me to drink guanavana juice, that it helped with all the side effects, but again always ask your physician first. I know you will be okay, don't lose your sense of humor and smile this always helps...
  • Posted

Not sure why your post came up as I see it was 5 months ago. I hope you are recovered and that all is well with you.

I'm sitting here at 5am really terrified as in just a few hours I will be in hospital about to have a lumpectopmy following my breast cancer being found at a routine mamogramme.

I'm told it's stage 2, is small and that they are going for cure, but right now this is the scariest place i have ever been. I will have radiotherapy 6 weeks after the lumpectomy. It's breast cancer awareness week so it's just everywhere i look and is overwhelming.

• Posted

Sorry you're going through this, have fait, everything will go well. Rest a lot and take one day at a time, being diagnosed with cancer it's not easy, many things go through your mind but were strong children of God, and you're not alone. God bless you.
    • Posted

surgery over and now the wait for the results. Thank you for your message.

Blue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.