Breast development with Amlodipine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else experience significant breast development with Amlodipine?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking Amlodipine for 4.5 years and have had some breast development but not enough to show through clothing,  The Amlodipine + Ramipril combination is good for my BP so I live with it.

• Posted

That's much about the state of things with me, though I haven't been on the Amlodipine as long as on the Ramipril.  Probably 2-3 years.  I can't say the breast development really bothers me, though I don't think I'd be happy taking my shirt off in public and displaying obvious breasts.  Nothing shows through ordinary clothing.

• Posted

Yes John.  I took amlodipeine for 2 months after heart surgery and tissue development was considerable.  Also it seems to be irreversible without further surgery.  Fitness regimes and weight loss don't help much and seem to accentuate the condition.  Floppy clothes are the only alternative but this is difficult in the summer months.  Get off this medication as soon as possible.

• Posted

I realise that nothing other than surgery is likely to remove such breast development, but at the moment mine isn't obvious through ordinary clothing.   I'll probably raise the question with my doctor on my next visit.  I normally just see a nurse for routine matters and she didn't want to discuss the matter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.